Suspension "upgrade?" - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Suspension "upgrade?"

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
rchase559
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpin321
^^ Good info some of it I knew already some I didn't. I was hoping to not have to do a sye kit. But its starting to look like if I ever want rid of these stupid spacers I may have to start by installing one. But that will push me way above any current budget that I have. I was hoping I could adjust out the stock shaft with just 2.5" of lift and a mml lift.
I ran 2.5" OME springs with a 1" MML for over a year with little to no vibes.

rchase559 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #17
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've been running the Rough Country progressive rate 2.5" springs with the OME N66 / N67 nitrocharger shocks. I like the combo. Not spungy but not harsh either. And the OME shocks valving works within the range of the progressive springs. Todate I've not had issues with sagging on the RC springs either and I've been running this combo for a number of years now after ditching my BB.

As to potential vibes. . . . 2 - 2.5" is about where they'll start showing up. The MML will help but you might get a little something. You can space the t-case skid down about 1/4" by stacking some washers between the frame and skid and you don't need to swap out to longer bolts. I did this with my BB back in the day and it helped. If you need to space more than 1/4" then you'll need longer bolts. Also, running a 1/2" spacer isn't the end of the day. It'll give you time to save up for a SYE / CV driveshaft if you want.

Also, something to keep in mind. . . if you're getting a SYV / CV driveshaft that means you'll need to get adjustable rear control arms. And it's not much extra effort to do a belly-up skid conversion. Just the cost of the skid plate at that point.

So, get your spring lift and new shocks. Space out the t-case skid if need be. That'll give you time to figure out if you want an SYE / CV set at all, if you want JUST the SYE / CV set up, or to do the full money belly-up conversion.
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
jpin321
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea View Post
I've been running the Rough Country progressive rate 2.5" springs with the OME N66 / N67 nitrocharger shocks. I like the combo. Not spungy but not harsh either. And the OME shocks valving works within the range of the progressive springs. Todate I've not had issues with sagging on the RC springs either and I've been running this combo for a number of years now after ditching my BB.

As to potential vibes. . . . 2 - 2.5" is about where they'll start showing up. The MML will help but you might get a little something. You can space the t-case skid down about 1/4" by stacking some washers between the frame and skid and you don't need to swap out to longer bolts. I did this with my BB back in the day and it helped. If you need to space more than 1/4" then you'll need longer bolts. Also, running a 1/2" spacer isn't the end of the day. It'll give you time to save up for a SYE / CV driveshaft if you want.

Also, something to keep in mind. . . if you're getting a SYV / CV driveshaft that means you'll need to get adjustable rear control arms. And it's not much extra effort to do a belly-up skid conversion. Just the cost of the skid plate at that point.

So, get your spring lift and new shocks. Space out the t-case skid if need be. That'll give you time to figure out if you want an SYE / CV set at all, if you want JUST the SYE / CV set up, or to do the full money belly-up conversion.
Good info. I hadn't thought of just using some spacers for now, if needed.

Tags
lift , old man emu , skyjacker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.