JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Suspension seats? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/suspension-seats-1092644/)

yarmish 08-23-2010 10:21 AM

Suspension seats?
 
I am looking at getting some new seats for my jeep. I want to get some suspension seats and i wanted to see what opinions are on the corbeau baja JP or the corbeau baja ultra? I can get 2 of the JP'S with tj brackets for $620 Or if there are any other cheaper options:confused:

GOLENJEEPTJ 08-23-2010 10:44 AM

You don't want them to recline?I guess it's not the deal breaker?

Benderff 08-23-2010 11:12 AM

I love my PRP seats.

yarmish 08-23-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ (Post 10005874)
You don't want them to recline?I guess it's not the deal breaker?

I guess it would all depend on the seating postion they are in...I have heard some good reviews but i dont want to drop much more money on seats. Do you have after market seats?

yarmish 08-23-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benderff (Post 10006013)
I love my PRP seats.

I will look these up now..thank you

Niceface 08-23-2010 11:49 AM

A few guys in our jeep club bought their seats from here. They all love them, and they have held up great over the years.

EMPI RaceTrim

bandit455 08-23-2010 01:34 PM

^ thats what I have, I love em


I will have to say they're built for people under 6' though...

they're perfect for me since i'm 5'7"

GOLENJEEPTJ 08-23-2010 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarmish (Post 10006102)
I guess it would all depend on the seating postion they are in...I have heard some good reviews but i dont want to drop much more money on seats. Do you have after market seats?

Yes I have the Corbeau Baja RS seats.There nice!I have pics in my gallery.:thumbsup:

yarmish 08-23-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ (Post 10006929)
Yes I have the Corbeau Baja RS seats.There nice!I have pics in my gallery.:thumbsup:

How much did they run you?

edit-Those seats look real nice!

The EMPI seats seem to be sold out everywhere in black to

GOLENJEEPTJ 08-23-2010 02:47 PM

Here ya go! Just remember,brackets on top of the price of seats! CORBEAU.COM: Official Site: Seats for Street, Race, Off-Road, and more

-ExDementia- 08-23-2010 03:26 PM

I recently got some suspension seats and I love them:
EMPI Race Trim
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...a/IMAG0262.jpg

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...seats-1071004/

37sr 08-23-2010 03:58 PM

I have Corbeaus Baja SS seat and think they are fantastic. Of course, I only have one trail ride and some driving aroudn town in them so far, but they work great. Mine are tied into the cage and since I have a spreader bar on my cage for the 4 points to hook to, no reclining for me.

yarmish 08-23-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 37sr (Post 10007618)
I have Corbeaus Baja SS seat and think they are fantastic. Of course, I only have one trail ride and some driving aroudn town in them so far, but they work great. Mine are tied into the cage and since I have a spreader bar on my cage for the 4 points to hook to, no reclining for me.

How do you like the seating position? Whats your height/weight? I am looking at the ultra's as they are taller

TJdualsport 08-23-2010 05:01 PM

I have the corbeua baja ultra with 5 points. if you have access to some metal a cut off wheel and a drill press make your own seat adapters. I made mine for 15 bucks and retained the stock sliders.
also be for warned installing the corbeau's also meant i had to go with 5 point or 4 points, using the stock seat belt is useless unless your a big dude. the sides come up real high so when your buckled in with the stock belt it doesnt even touch my lap. so you may wanna look into a seat that will work with the stock belts as well
heres a pic
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...39_86499_n.jpg

37sr 08-23-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yarmish (Post 10007741)
How do you like the seating position? Whats your height/weight? I am looking at the ultra's as they are taller

I'm 6'0" & 220 lbs. I have it on a slider on drivers side. It tilts back just barely and makes for a real comfortable driving position.


The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.