Suspension Lift with a Nice Ride?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Suspension Lift with a Nice Ride??

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockRubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 10-28-2005, 10:48 PM   #1
HardRabbit

Suspension Lift with a Nice Ride??

I'm new to the forum and Jeeps. I just recently bought a 98 Sahara, and I never realized what I was missing. Here's the thing; It's stock and I want to lift it for some light offroading, and give it a meaner look. However I'll still be driving some long distances, so the ride is important. Can anyone help me with the right combination of lift and tires to accomplish this? There are so many options for Jeeps. I'd like to get close to 33's under her.

HardRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2005, 10:51 PM   #2
maniak mike

i have a 97 with a rubicon express 3.5" standard lift with RE extreme monotubes and 31x10.5's

the ride isn't too bad

the 31's do look kinda small tho..no money to upgrade at this point in tim
maniak mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 02:05 AM   #3
mark83161

Cheapest/easiest way to do it is to put in a bb/bl combo. That should give you enough room to run at least 32s, and maybe 33s. If you're only doing light wheelin' it'll do the trick, and you shouldn't need to do anything else so it'll save you some money that would be well spent on armor and recovery gear.
mark83161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 06:42 AM   #4
HardRabbit

Like I said, I'm new. But I'm assuming that BB means Budget Boost. Another question, My Jeep is high mileage although in excellent condition. Are there any issues that I should definately consider before running larger tires?
HardRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 07:02 AM   #5
tiger-bailey
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardRabbit
... Are there any issues that I should definately consider before running larger tires?

Gearing, what are your stock gears? 33s with 3.07s would be less than ideal. IMO, 3.73 and 32"-11.5" is as big as I would go with out regearing.

Australian Cattle Dogs
tiger-bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 07:29 AM   #6
BigMo

Best Ride = large $
Long Arm yeilds the best ride I love my 4.5" la kit on the road every day and off road as well.
Red 2005 LJ, 6spd, RELA 4.5" RE Monotubes, BFG A/T 35x12.5x15 on MT Classic Locks, SRC front & rear bumpers w/ tire carrier, 1" BL, Flowmaster 40, P.O.R.C. Steering Stablizer, Tuffy Glove Box, Tuffy Series II Console, JVC HD Ipod ready H/U w/ Alpine 4 channel pushing Polk Momos, Jeeperman Skids, knockoff Bushwacker flares, Misch Bigboy brackets...more to come
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 07:53 AM   #7
OffRoad98
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i too have a 98 Sahara. im Considering the REBB and 31's in a few weeks. a solid 2" boost.
OffRoad98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 08:54 AM   #8
jaburk

You should consider the Deluxe OME kit from DPG Offroad if your looking for a good ride.

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
Unread 10-29-2005, 09:55 AM   #9
IU98
2000 TJ Wrangler 

What jaburk said great riding kit and economical,(for a full suspension), comes with everything to fit 33's under the jeep. No other mods needed no sye,cv etc. I really enjoy mine and performs what I want it to do on the trails. And Dirk is very knowing of his products. Quite a few of us run his kits and our very pleased with the performance of OME.
HTH
Chad
2000 Sahara-Two car seats a 2.5 ome lift with 1 inch spacers a 1.25bl, 1in mml, rear shock relocaters, extended rear swaybar links, jks quicker discos with 33in Kuhmo mt's on black steelies. Armor-kilby, jeeperman and warn. Dual white tops and an auto. Raingler rear and side nets along with grips. Ome steering stabilizer and xm for tunes. Dana 30/35 frt and rear-awaiting snappage. I have a pretty jeep and my children dig it.
IU98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 10:00 AM   #10
SaharaJeep

OME, great ride, great lift
SaharaJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 10:07 AM   #11
wayoflife

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark83161
Cheapest/easiest way to do it is to put in a bb/bl combo. That should give you enough room to run at least 32s, and maybe 33s. If you're only doing light wheelin' it'll do the trick, and you shouldn't need to do anything else so it'll save you some money that would be well spent on armor and recovery gear.
i completely agree. 2"budget boost + 1" body lift and run 32x11.50's. it will give you what you want and is very affordable to do. imho, don't waste your money on an expensive 2" lift. if (more likely when) you decide you want to go higher in the future, you'll have more money to do it at that time
wayoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 10:53 AM   #12
HIPPER

Can't go wrong with OME 2.5" system. I just sold one to a buddy of mine and he told me yesterday that it is the best riding jeep he has ever driven.

OME 2.5" kit, 1.25" BL, and 1" MML (may not be needed) will give you a great ride and clear 33's.

Let me know if I can help.

Brandon

Check out www.hippshobbies.com for all your 4x4 needs. Our product line is constantly growing so I can get you almost anything you want, just e-mail me your request and I'll get you a quote brandon@hippshobbies.com

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
HIPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 09:09 PM   #13
fetzervalve
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I pile on too with the OME kit. I got the Heavy duty springs with mine and love it. I drive 40 miles one way to pick up my kids on weekends through Maryland/Pennsylvania back roads and it drives like a car (only like a bathtub with a tent on top). I have not heard anyone yet say they hate it.
BFG 32x11.5 15 MT's
A.R. Baja Wheels
Warn XD9000i
Performance Acc. BL
Bomb Proof 1" MML[/FONT][/SIZE]

[root@dirtyjeep# rm -f ../bills
[root@dirtyjeep# unzip paycheck | more jeepstuff
fetzervalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 09:32 PM   #14
Dirty Backroads
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaburk
You should consider the Deluxe OME kit from DPG Offroad if your looking for a good ride.

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
This is the lift kit I'm leaning toward. With 32s I think I can still get away without regearing and it would make a big difference for wheeling. I've read/heard a lot of good things about OME.

Yellow Jeep Club Member #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper111
Nothing like going topless with some Kid Rock blasting looking down on the rice boys with their dropped Civics wondering what Japanese steel would look like under the Mickey Thompsons.
Dirty Backroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2005, 11:51 PM   #15
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPPER
Can't go wrong with OME 2.5" system. I just sold one to a buddy of mine and he told me yesterday that it is the best riding jeep he has ever driven.

OME 2.5" kit, 1.25" BL, and 1" MML (may not be needed) will give you a great ride and clear 33's.

Let me know if I can help.

Brandon
What can you do on that kit shipped to 60625?

Coopersmail@sbcglobal.net
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.