Superlift 1.75" lift kit or Skyjacker 2" inch lift kit?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Superlift 1.75" lift kit or Skyjacker 2" inch lift kit??

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-02-2007, 09:13 PM   #1
Pinebarrensboy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Superlift 1.75" lift kit or Skyjacker 2" inch lift kit??

I want to put on 32's as my next set of tires and have been looking in the quadratec catalog and see the 2 cheapest kits available, one made by superlift, the other made by skyjacker. The superlift kit is like about 30 or 40 dollars more expensive and I noticed it comes with a "rear pinion angle cam kit". First, can someone tell me what that is; I'm a little naive when it comes to this stuff. My friend is a mechanic and will be performing the lift and also the replacement of the tires as well. Could someone give me some advice on which kit is the better choice?? Thanks!

2003 Rubicon
2.25" Budget Boost / Skyjacker 7000 Hydros
265/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Pinebarrensboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #2
Snakedoc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure what lifts you are asking about but if it is a (BB) buget boost which are spacers that go on top of your existing spring they are all basicly the same just a spacer.

The main differance in the kits are the shocks. Skyjacker hydro`s are a good cheap shock or you could go with top of the line Old man emu.

With only a 2" lift there is no need for cam bolts and I have heard they dont work well.

2004 TJ ~ 4.0L ~ 4sp Auto ~ D30/D35 w/3.73`s ~ 33 X 12.5 BFG M/T
2.25 BB ~ 1.25 BL ~ 1 BMML
1st mod. I like big jugs but they had to go
My jeep web page
Black Jeep Club Member #2188

Snakedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #3
Pinebarrensboy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, these 2 kits are the BB kits in that they only include shocks, spring spacers and bump stops. The only thing is that the superlift kit included that the skyjacker kit did not was a rear pinion angle cam kit. I'm still not even sure what that is used for, but the kit was 40 bucks more because of it. Is there an advantage with going with that kit because of this extra item they have?

2003 Rubicon
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Unread 06-03-2007, 08:02 AM   #4
ancestralworm
there will be crying

2000 TJ Wrangler 

i dont think you need the cam bolts with a 2 inch spacer kit. the skyjacker hydros are a decent shock. poly spacers are poly spacers and i think both companies get them from daystar anyway.
Black Jeep Society victim#19

"The Jeep is America's only real sports car" - Enzo Ferrari

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" - Ben Franklin
ancestralworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #5
jdragger

Cam bolts fasten the lower control arm to the axle. They are made with washers that are drilled offset of center. By turning the bolt and washer assembly (there is a flat machined on the bolt and washer) you make the control arm center to center length longer or shorter. So you can spin the axle and set the pinion angle. They give you a little bit of adjustment. You nearly have that much slop in the holes. Pick the kit that has the shocks you want.
jdragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
Pinebarrensboy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Alright sounds good, I appreciate the help you guys have been. I'll probably end up going with the skyjacker kit after all, but I was just curious about that extra item that came with the super lift kit.

2003 Rubicon
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Unread 06-03-2007, 04:52 PM   #7
Zennashton
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have been runing the Skyjacker 2" with hydro shocks for a month now.
Rides like stock perty much. Just 2" higher the Install was easy. I have no
complaints.
Zennashton is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.