Superior Dana 35 C-Clip Eliminator Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Superior Dana 35 C-Clip Eliminator Kit

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-28-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
LEONEN

Superior Dana 35 C-Clip Eliminator Kit

I know this kit is out already because I have seen it on 4wheelparts. I see that it comes with 30 spline axles, so here is my question. I currently have the superior 35 kit with the 30 spline ox locker. If I buy this new kit, would I still be able to use my locker? I love my setup right now and wheel it very hard up here in the mountains of Guam with 35" Maxxis kreepy Krawlers. I want to upgrade to this kit because it uses bigger bearings, the shaft is a little thicker near the flange and gets rid of the c-clip so I can limp back down the mountains without my wheels comin off.

LEONEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEONEN View Post
I know this kit is out already because I have seen it on 4wheelparts. I see that it comes with 30 spline axles, so here is my question. I currently have the superior 35 kit with the 30 spline ox locker. If I buy this new kit, would I still be able to use my locker? I love my setup right now and wheel it very hard up here in the mountains of Guam with 35" Maxxis kreepy Krawlers. I want to upgrade to this kit because it uses bigger bearings, the shaft is a little thicker near the flange and gets rid of the c-clip so I can limp back down the mountains without my wheels comin off.
The regular kit does not come with 30 spline axles. But, the Super 35 will soon have axles for it that use the same bearings and yes, you will be able to use your locker.

They are in production now.
Unread 05-28-2008, 11:29 PM   #3
LEONEN

They already have the 30 splines, check this out....
http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true
Unread 05-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #4
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
They already have the 30 splines, check this out....
http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetai...eep-parts=true
You aren't listening. I'm right, they are wrong.
Unread 05-29-2008, 12:13 AM   #5
cpleasant
2002 TJ Wrangler 

4wd.com's catalog has the 30 spline listed too. Maybe both are advertising ahead of time (still in development) to get a jump on the market??? Hehe, looks like its out there.
I know your rite I seid the dealer seid the same thing as you and that I don't want them there , but I was asking another qeustin as in what do I do about the slots in the brackets couse if I just put a bolt in there it will slide back and fourth but again thank you all knowing and powerfull jeep god sorry us lesser jeep peeons might have some more qeustins in the future , so please if there to much for you sit back relax go to the next post
cpleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #6
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpleasant View Post
4wd.com's catalog has the 30 spline listed too. Maybe both are advertising ahead of time (still in development) to get a jump on the market??? Hehe, looks like its out there.
You aren't listening either.

The copy for both ads was written by the same moron that was too lazy to do it correctly.

The kit(s) is out of development and in production.
Unread 05-29-2008, 12:27 AM   #7
LEONEN

so with this kit, it looks like I can run 37's no problem as long as my axle is trussed.
Unread 05-29-2008, 12:40 AM   #8
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
so with this kit, it looks like I can run 37's no problem as long as my axle is trussed.
No! That standard 27 spline C-clip eliminator will likely be warrantied up to and including 33" tires with the Super 35 kit with the eliminator covering above that, to and including 35's.

For larger than 35's, look for a different rear axle.
Unread 05-29-2008, 01:14 AM   #9
cpleasant
2002 TJ Wrangler 

What was that, I wasn't listening. Too busy not giving a damn.

Wouldnt suprise me in the least, especially considering it says nothing about needing a different carrier.

Did anyone ever tell you that you come across like a school nun that's ragging?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
You aren't listening either.

The copy for both ads was written by the same moron that was too lazy to do it correctly.

The kit(s) is out of development and in production.
I know your rite I seid the dealer seid the same thing as you and that I don't want them there , but I was asking another qeustin as in what do I do about the slots in the brackets couse if I just put a bolt in there it will slide back and fourth but again thank you all knowing and powerfull jeep god sorry us lesser jeep peeons might have some more qeustins in the future , so please if there to much for you sit back relax go to the next post
cpleasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 05:29 AM   #10
LEONEN

So who knows how really strong this kit is and what is the biggest tire size one could run? I am really interested in this kit. Superior kicks A**!
Unread 05-29-2008, 05:51 AM   #11
dawnskaybug
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wow this thread explains alot about MrBlaine from what I heard..
All Hail you..
If it is in "production" someone will sell it and say its on "backorder"

Leo is right about Guams trails its either dry rockcrawling one week and the next sunday your totally mudbogging and not on purpose once the sun comes out in 1 hour or 2 its usually dry..
To bad we are like the mainland we are getting our buts kicked by developments and treehuggers..

1200 series Tractor tires (37x10)
Warn winch stinger
Lotsa trail damage
dawnskaybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 07:01 AM   #12
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnskaybug View Post
All Hail you..
If it is in "production" someone will sell it and say its on "backorder"
One of my chores for today is to take the pair of prototype axle shafts I have in my garage, assemble the bearings onto them, fetch up the rest of the parts, put the kit together and then deliver the completed mess to Superior so it can be shipped out to one of the magazines for an install write-up for the D-35 c-clip eliminator in 27 spline.

See if you can figure out the rest. So yeah, all hail me.
Unread 05-29-2008, 07:04 AM   #13
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So who knows how really strong this kit is and what is the biggest tire size one could run? I am really interested in this kit. Superior kicks A**!
33" tires according to mrblaine. I would listen to his recommendation and not go bigger.

35" tires for the Super 35 kit.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #14
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnskaybug View Post
All Hail you..
He's explaining a product that he personally developed that Superior Axle is producing. If you get all butt-hurt from having the facts presented rather than "gentle hearsay" from someone else, more power to you. Is there really something wrong with being told someone is wrong about what was said?

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #15
alvinl
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That person who knows already answered your question in post #8.

http://www.venemousduckracing.com
alvinl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.