Super 35 kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Super 35 kit

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 07-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #1
sparkyB34
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Super 35 kit

What is the best place to buy one from. I would like to buy from one of the vendors one here. Who has bought one and from who?

sparkyB34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
OHTJ-ROD
Jared, Slick

1982 CJ7 

I have no real clue where to get one but you better off saving the money you are going to spend on the super 35 kit and put it towards a 44 or 8.8. but good luck if you go with it.

FOR SALE
OHTJ-ROD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2008, 09:33 PM   #3
Kiddo86
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You will hear about 99% positive reviews of Super 35 kits. Very few people have any issues with the kit.

I run 35" tires on my super 35 kit and I beat the hell out of my jeep... never had any problem at all. I have the kit made by Superior with a detroit locker and most people suggest this kit, although I don't know of any of them being BAD. Just make sure you get it installed by someone who really knows their stuff and change ALL of your seals and bearing while you're in there.

IMO a super 35 kit is a perfect option unless you want to go larger than 35" tires.
Kiddo86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
silvergoat
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddo86 View Post
You will hear about 99% positive reviews of Super 35 kits. Very few people have any issues with the kit.

I run 35" tires on my super 35 kit and I beat the hell out of my jeep... never had any problem at all. I have the kit made by Superior with a detroit locker and most people suggest this kit, although I don't know of any of them being BAD. Just make sure you get it installed by someone who really knows their stuff and change ALL of your seals and bearing while you're in there.

IMO a super 35 kit is a perfect option unless you want to go larger than 35" tires.
I agree, I have been beating on mine for over a year now with no problems.

There's the right wheelbase for every obstacle and the right obstacle for every wheelbase.
silvergoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
servozn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

No problems here either, I got mine off craigslist. If you have to re-gear at the same time prepare to drop some coin.
Unread 07-08-2008, 09:49 PM   #6
sparkyB34
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by servozn View Post
No problems here either, I got mine off craigslist. If you have to re-gear at the same time prepare to drop some coin.
Don't need to regear. That has already been done. Just looking for the best place to purchase one.
sparkyB34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2008, 10:15 PM   #7
servozn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyB34 View Post
Don't need to regear. That has already been done. Just looking for the best place to purchase one.
I would try locally first. A guy in our club has a shop and does them if you want to come to Houston. Otherwise, I have bought stuff from Northridge and RedRock and been happy with their service.

I saw on Northridge you can piece part, 30 spline shafts and locker separately. Not Superior, but I don't know if that matters.

Mine is a Super in my mind only (since it is not a Superior product). The guy I bought mine from must have piece parted it because I have an Auburn Ected in the rear. I have been very, very happy with that selectable locker, and the LSD on the street is a bonus.
Unread 07-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #8
OHTJ-ROD
Jared, Slick

1982 CJ7 

My thing is with parts and install what is your end product as far as money compared to going ahead and up grading to a 44 or 8.8. you can get a 44 and run 35's all day without new axles, c-clips E, and more.

FOR SALE
Unread 07-08-2008, 11:12 PM   #9
elkfan2
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by servozn View Post
I would try locally first. A guy in our club has a shop and does them if you want to come to Houston. Otherwise, I have bought stuff from Northridge and RedRock and been happy with their service.

I saw on Northridge you can piece part, 30 spline shafts and locker separately. Not Superior, but I don't know if that matters.

Mine is a Super in my mind only (since it is not a Superior product). The guy I bought mine from must have piece parted it because I have an Auburn Ected in the rear. I have been very, very happy with that selectable locker, and the LSD on the street is a bonus.

I wasn't aware that the Auburn Ected was available in a 30 spline dana 35.
elkfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2008, 11:15 PM   #10
Greg_Volkman
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
because the detroit is a full carrier and the S35 kit replaces the bearings you will still have to pay someone to set up the gears on the detroit with the correct shims (this is typically included in the install of the S35 price).

typically shops will only install kits you buy from them. so, unless you have a bud who does gears (or you do them yourself) your best bet is trying to find a local shop that sells/installs these kits. The S35 I bought a few years ago was done by 4 wheel parts in denver. They did a good job and it lasted until I pulled it, sold it, and stuck an 8.8 under the jeep.
Greg_Volkman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2008, 11:36 PM   #11
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHTJ-ROD View Post
My thing is with parts and install what is your end product as far as money compared to going ahead and up grading to a 44 or 8.8. you can get a 44 and run 35's all day without new axles, c-clips E, and more.
Apples to apples Please.

I want to see your comparo with new axles in the 44, and a new locker. And I ain't buying that you can get by with the stockers and here's why. If you can make the stock axles work all day long in either the 44 or the 8.8, then you are a perfect candidate for the Super 35.

If all the harder you're wheeling is enough to make either of those two choices work in their OEM form, then why bother? It's much simpler, less time consuming to just get the Super kit installed and go have fun.

BTW- I don't recall the OP asking if the 44 or 8.8 was a better choice.
Unread 07-09-2008, 03:54 AM   #12
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2 View Post
[/B]
it came out about a year or so ago.
Unread 07-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #13
servozn
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfan2 View Post
[/B]
27 and 30
a google search will turn them up for pretty cheap.
Unread 07-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #14
OHTJ-ROD
Jared, Slick

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Apples to apples Please.

I want to see your comparo with new axles in the 44, and a new locker. And I ain't buying that you can get by with the stockers and here's why. If you can make the stock axles work all day long in either the 44 or the 8.8, then you are a perfect candidate for the Super 35.

If all the harder you're wheeling is enough to make either of those two choices work in their OEM form, then why bother? It's much simpler, less time consuming to just get the Super kit installed and go have fun.

BTW- I don't recall the OP asking if the 44 or 8.8 was a better choice.

Your right I will keep my opinions to my self... Isn't that what this forum is for to help and enlighten people about their jeeps. If the OP doesnt want or like my opinion he doesnt have to read it nor use it.

FOR SALE
Unread 07-09-2008, 09:05 PM   #15
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What is the best place to buy one from. I would like to buy from one of the vendors one here. Who has bought one and from who?
Quote:
I have no real clue where to get one but you better off saving the money you are going to spend on the super 35 kit and put it towards a 44 or 8.8. but good luck if you go with it.
Quote:
Your right I will keep my opinions to my self... Isn't that what this forum is for to help and enlighten people about their jeeps. If the OP doesnt want or like my opinion he doesnt have to read it nor use it.
It's not that your opinion isn't listened to. It's inappropriate for the thread. The OP for his own reasons elected to go with a Super 35. He's asking who has a good reputation as a reseller. Not should I go S35, 44 or 8.8.
Blaine pointed this out I thought clearly.
And, yes we don't think poorly of the S35 around here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.