summer-izing the jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > summer-izing the jeep

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #1
Elo

summer-izing the jeep

hey guys....getting the TJ ready for summer. I'm looking for a bikini top ('04 TJ with soft-top and full doors). Any suggestions on the best one? Will I need a winshield header? Also considering an Olympic Mountaineer Rack (attaches to the rollbar to provide an extra level of storage behind the seats). Anyone have any expeirences with these? Will one fit overtop a best-top enxtendatrunk? Any advice would be appreciated...thanks
elo

Elo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 12:40 PM   #2
Bhelliom
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have the bestop bikini.. drill in header.. very easy to install.. looks good... no interference with the soft top...

Don't know about the racks or extendatrunk though.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/searc...archid=1142025
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Old Guy Jeep Club #1026[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Canadian[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Jeep[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Club[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Member[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]#1026[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=schitzangiggles] But since you are barely able to vote, are younger than some of my socks and as inteligent as the fecal droppings from a retarded Chimpanzee you go right ahead and keep on keepin on. [/QUOTE] - Posted in response to a moron wheeling illegally.
Bhelliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
Mayfair_Jeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Do you just roll the bikini back when you need to put the softop on? Or are you taking it off everytime (not that it would be that often I assume)
Mayfair_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #4
Bhelliom
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TJX
Do you just roll the bikini back when you need to put the softop on? Or are you taking it off everytime (not that it would be that often I assume)
It would need to come off entirely. not sure about the no drill header. .but with the drill in version the top slides in from the side... so you'd have to take it off to be able to clamp the soft top down..

I just took my soft top out as it was getting old anyways.
[COLOR="Red"]Canadian[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Jeep[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Club[/COLOR] [COLOR="White"]Member[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]#1026[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=schitzangiggles] But since you are barely able to vote, are younger than some of my socks and as inteligent as the fecal droppings from a retarded Chimpanzee you go right ahead and keep on keepin on. [/QUOTE] - Posted in response to a moron wheeling illegally.
Unread 05-24-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
chutta
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Don't get the no-drill header version, putting it on is a real PITA
05x 4.0 6sp 30/35, aussie front, 3.73's, r/c 4"x lift, adv adptr sye, shifter bracket, tw cv ds, 33 t/c skid, 33x12.5 dunlop mud rovers on steelies, psc sport cage/rockers, warn fr bump/steer and 30 diff skid, sirius,cb, hand throttle 1"bl/mml 265/16's pepboys at's on orig moabs for street. Lowrance H20c for gps
chutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #6
Mayfair_Jeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Good to know...I dont mind leaving the soft top down...heck, 90% of the time, its sunny here, and even when they say its going to rain, it never does (already in a 7" draught).....Just though one might be nice, but I would need to be able to cover up quick...
Mayfair_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 01:09 PM   #7
samcarroll
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutta
Don't get the no-drill header version, putting it on is a real PITA
how do you figure?

i have the no drill bikini header and its easy...just takes a few minutes
35x12.5 Mud Kings on 15x10 American Racing AR-767
samcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #8
chutta
2005 TJ Wrangler 

On your own trying to keep that front plastic lip in place without duct tape strips tempo til you sinch up the center strap?
05x 4.0 6sp 30/35, aussie front, 3.73's, r/c 4"x lift, adv adptr sye, shifter bracket, tw cv ds, 33 t/c skid, 33x12.5 dunlop mud rovers on steelies, psc sport cage/rockers, warn fr bump/steer and 30 diff skid, sirius,cb, hand throttle 1"bl/mml 265/16's pepboys at's on orig moabs for street. Lowrance H20c for gps
chutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 01:50 PM   #9
Jeepguy1977
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhelliom
I have the bestop bikini.. drill in header.. very easy to install.. looks good... no interference with the soft top...

Don't know about the racks or extendatrunk though.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/searc...archid=1142025

Does your hard top fit over the top of it? I'm tired of my no-drill header but I heard that the drill in header isn't compatible with the hard top.
Rolled Red Jeep Club Member #7
Jeepguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 01:56 PM   #10
grinwa
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My drill in header would leak and run down on to the steering wheel. Now I have the no drill and haven't had any leaks. I put it on in April and leave it on until October. Haven't had any problems pitting it on either.

I have a safari top to cover the back seat area. It's nice to have that covered when it is raining.

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
grinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2007, 01:57 PM   #11
Bhelliom
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy1977
Does your hard top fit over the top of it? I'm tired of my no-drill header but I heard that the drill in header isn't compatible with the hard top.
Best pic I have of the header at the moment.. I don't thinkg there would be a problem getting the hard top on. But I haven't tried yet... just got the bikini this summer ... I'll find out come october

Edit: ok.. pics are uploaded... you can see that I broke one of the screws.. but whatever.. no biggie.
1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

Last edited by Bhelliom; 05-24-2007 at 02:25 PM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.