suggestions to fix or change my spot lights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > suggestions to fix or change my spot lights?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONS

Unread 06-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #1
briffdogg

suggestions to fix or change my spot lights?

hi is it possible to clean the rust off my spot lights, and can i buy the inside linings and just change that or should i replace the whole light? and also s can holder?

Last edited by briffdogg; 06-28-2013 at 06:50 PM..
briffdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 01:03 AM   #2
briffdogg

no suggestions guys? sorry for such a newb questions
briffdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
Anticanman
One eloquent mother****er

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Excessive rust inside can jeopardize the integrity of the ground. Just get some new lights. There are small IP68 rated aluminum housed LED's that'll put out the same lumens as your spots and last twice as long.

Ya know, if you want.
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #4
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

The lights can be rebuilt/refinished. I did the to the ones on my truck, but mostly because I already had the spare parts. If you wanted to redo the internal reflector try http://www.amazon.com/KC-Hilites-421.../dp/B000630D3A

Another option is have a local shop chrome plate them or even high temp spray paint may work.

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.