stupid questions...please help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > stupid questions...please help!

Artec 14b bolt BACKBONE trussNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Engo is bringing New LED Light Bars to the table...Get a g

Unread 06-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #1
ea615sc

stupid questions...please help!

i have a few stupid questions...
first off...i was recently in a fender-bender...got my new bumper and a new front license plate...the thing is, i dont know how to mount the new license plate on the bumper, what kind of hardware do i need?

second question...my g/f was gettin in the other day and when she closed the front passenger door, the black rubber handle fell off 1/2 way...i have the bolt, but the nut is down inside my door...how do i get that out and fix the thing?

i know these questions are pretty stupid, but i'd appreciate your all's help

thanks

ea615sc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2006, 05:39 PM   #2
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

1) If it's a factory bumper (shame on you), go to any auto parts store and pick out the license plate hardware of your choic. The have fancy or plain, metal and plastic. Ask at the counter.

2) Are you talking about the strap to close the door?
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
ea615sc

yea, the strap to close the door...one of the bolts came completely out... thanks
ea615sc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #4
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

FULL DOOR TRIM PANEL
REMOVAL

(1) Lower the window.

(2) Remove the clip attaching the window glass
regulator handle to the regulator. Remove the handle.

(3) Remove the screws attaching trim panel to door .

(4) Remove push-in fasteners attaching trim panel
to door with special tool C-4829. (this is just a trim tool you can get at any auto parts store)

(5) Lift the trim panel upward and separate the
trim panel from the door.

INSTALLATION

(1) Position the trim panel on the door.

(2) Press the push-in fasteners attaching trim
panel to door into place.

(3) Install the screws attaching trim panel to door.

(4) Position the clip on regulator handle and
install the handle on the regulator.
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.