Stubby bumper vs. full length bumper?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Stubby bumper vs. full length bumper??

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
dougiefresh131
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Stubby bumper vs. full length bumper??

What are the pros and cons of each, assuming the stock fenders are kept?

longer would prevent fender damage.
shorter helps with approach angles. but what damage could be done if there was an impact directly to one of the front tires?

just curious.

dougiefresh131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
06WranglerX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh131 View Post

shorter helps with approach angles. but what damage could be done if there was an impact directly to one of the front tires?

just curious.
What do you mean exactly, like if the jeep slid slightly off a line and the tire made direct contact with a tree stump or rock? Could possibly damage the knuckle, axle, possible to rip a mount off the frame or axle if enough force was applied.

People need to be a little more trusting, Its not like we are on a convict and rapist forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Upon further reflection I've decided I've had enough of this BS and you are now on my ignore list.

06 Red Wrangler X 6 speed hard top
Ford 8.8 Detroit locked, 4 inches of lift, 33 inch BFG KM2's and some other stuff.
06WranglerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
dougiefresh131
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06WranglerX View Post
What do you mean exactly, like if the jeep slid slightly off a line and the tire made direct contact with a tree stump or rock? Could possibly damage the knuckle, axle, possible to rip a mount off the frame or axle if enough force was applied.
thats basically what i meant. thanks.
dougiefresh131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
DILIGAF
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiefresh131 View Post

just curious.
I build a set of front and back bumpers with structural steel tubing and made them full length. Keeps the brush down from hitting fenders and when sliding into trees they do not bend keeping the damage to a shaker can of paint for the bumpers. It is more a personal thing.
Unread 11-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #5
kellyII
2009 JK Wrangler 

I like the looks of the shorter bumpers, but I like the added coverage and protection of full length bumpers.
kellyII is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bumper , longer , short , stubby

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.