Stolen PCM/ECM - What PN do I buy? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Stolen PCM/ECM - What PN do I buy?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #16
MarineOrdO
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Alright - finally got an answer on this. I found a PCM on Ebay for $75 from a 00 4.0L AT Std Emis PN 56041657 AF. Since the price of a reman was the same if I bought the $75 for a core or not I called my Service Advisor at the local DC dealership that I'd been taking my Status to. It helped that he was a jeeper too, but once he knew I wanted the PN for the PCM he ran the VIN and provided the following in about 10 mins -

R6041657 AG

The "R" is for "Remanufacture" so I'll assume off the line it would have been a 5 as all the used ones I see are or the "R" is part of the order number. BTW - the dealer also gives you a "reman" computer when you take it in for them to replace. You don't get a new one. This happened with my Stratus.

"AG" means that there has been six programming changes made to the last version of the PCM since they start with AA. So when you give the computer reman company AG (or whatever applies) you will get all the latest upgrades.

Dealership price was upwards of $665 so the company I'll probably use is Auto Computer Exchange (they sell reman on Ebay also) who will repair/reman your current PCM for $125 (wait time) or sell you one for $199 if you send a core, $275 with no core. Lifetime warranty I believe.

Again, thanks for all the comments to figure this one out.

MarineOrdO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #17
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineOrdO View Post

Again, thanks for all the comments to figure this one out.
Thanx for posting back with what you found...

Tags
computer , ecm , ecu , electrical , pcm , TJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.