stock track bar bushing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > stock track bar bushing

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #1
noise_maker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

stock track bar bushing

How much should the bushing in the stock track bar compress while turning 10-2 or lock to lock?

more info.....
Helping my neighbor with a DW issue in a 2006 with 45k on the clock, 3" lift (+BL with allot of trimming) on 35s".
The wobble happens at ~40-45 mph and drops off at 50. At any speed 30-60 if you hit a hard hole or drop a tire off on the shoulder it comes back for several seconds.

All the TREs and ball joints have no play and has a new steering stabilizer (Rancho). The tires are balanced and don't shake when put on a different jeep in the same position. I can't wiggle the unit bearings and they are not noisy on the road. The toe is 1/8".

However I can get the bushing in the track bar to compress a little so I am thinking that may be my issue.

At full lock its maybe 1/4-3/8"
Going back and forth 10-2 I can it compress maybe 1/16"-1/8"

Not sure what it normal with 35s. I pulled it and the bushing "looks ok" in terms of it not being overly cracked or dry-rotted and the TRE is fine.

Thansk

noise_maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
Jeepsr4me

If its moving at all its not good for DW. I just verified my new TB had zero movement where the old one moved over 1/8 inch.
Jeepsr4me is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You want zero movement. If you have any movement, you don't have a solid connection and therefore, may have found a culprit to your wobbles.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
noise_maker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. So if you have someone go lock to lock while you look at the bushing, it shouldnt compress at all, even when held At full lock?

I just want to make sure before I throw parts at it. On my own jeep, which has no dw, I can get the bushing to compress a little at full lock.
noise_maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
HAYSHAKER170
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I wondered the same thing as well. It seems to me unless it is a heim joint, it will always compress a little. Right?
HAYSHAKER170 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bushing , tj , track bar , trackbar

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.