stock shock replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > stock shock replacement

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 01-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #1
dgi
2000 TJ Wrangler 

stock shock replacement

my 2000 Wrangler Sport has 62K miles on it and the suspension is sloppy and only getting sloppier. I just replaced the steering dampener but now the shocks are in need of attention.

Just lightly stepping on the rear bumper results in the suspension compressing and bouncing more than necessary. I'm looking for a high quality stock replacement for my shocks....

the car has been very scary to drive in the recent bad weather (rain and freezing conditions) so hopefully this will cure the problem...

what are you guys using when you want to keep your stock ride height and get better than stock parts.

DGI

dgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
shotgunsmith
2002 TJ Wrangler 

whats your budget?
Unread 01-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
BlackBellamy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

If you're looking for quality try Bilstein shocks.
The top and doors on this vehicle are designed only for protection against the elements. Do not rely on the top and doors to contain occupants within the vehicle or to protect against injury during an accident. Wear seatbelts at all times.
BlackBellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
masedd
2002 TJ Wrangler 

quadratec.com has a shock adviser just put in 0 lift and it will list availlable shocks
masedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy View Post
If you're looking for quality try Bilstein shocks.
^100%
The Bils replacement shocks (they are yellow and blue, called HD I believe) are by far one of the best stock replacements you can buy.
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
MoochsXJ
2007 WK 

If you plan on staying stock for a while try some Monroe's, Sensatrac or Reflex. Had them(sensatrac) on my 98 XJ and 88 MJ, rode great on the MJ expecially with a few pounds in the bed.

Misc. Jeep stuff for sale/free
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=664793
MoochsXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #7
bud_d
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
^100%
The Bils replacement shocks (they are yellow and blue, called HD I believe) are by far one of the best stock replacements you can buy.
I agree. If 2 versions are offered, the HD will be significantly "stiffer" than the non-HD version. I found that out on my GMC Sierra. I contacted Bilstein and they told me they had a "ride guarentee" on their shocks. If you do not like the ride after 60 days (I think that is the number, contact them to make sure), you can send them back to Bilstein and they will re-valve your shocks. Nice to have this offer, but if you don;t have the old ones to put on, your vehicle will sit while you wait for the shocks to come back.

Doug
bud_d is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.