Stock radio in 2001 TJ--problems! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Stock radio in 2001 TJ--problems!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 12-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
mytjtoy
CJ--my drug of choice!

1976 CJ7 

Stock radio in 2001 TJ--problems!

OK--haven't been here for a long time and did post this a while ago (a long time ago) but forgot what the answers were.

My stock CD player won't play certain burned tapes. Why is that? Anybody know? It won't even read the CD when this happens with certain tapes! Used Roxio on a Maxwell CD-R
Thanks!

The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
mytjtoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
python2705
2002 TJ Wrangler 

yeah mine won't play some burned cd's either. at car toys, they said that most stock cd players dont play mp3 format files, so the only way to fix it is to get a new cd player that has those capabilities.
python2705 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #3
masonorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytjtoy
OK--haven't been here for a long time and did post this a while ago (a long time ago) but forgot what the answers were.

My stock CD player won't play certain burned tapes. Why is that? Anybody know? It won't even read the CD when this happens with certain tapes! Used Roxio on a Maxwell CD-R
Thanks!
It's a piece of **** and we've all cursed it. Quatratec had some killer deals and Sony CD players with the MP3 plug and play option, just before Christmas. I'm sure they're still running the specials.
masonorion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
Dugzilla
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytjtoy

My stock CD player won't play certain burned TAPES. Why is that? Anybody know? It won't even read the CD when this happens with certain TAPES! Used Roxio on a Maxwell CD-R
Thanks!
You see the problem is that you are trying to play "tapes" in your CD player!!

LOL, J/K!!
Dugzilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
Red_YJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have the stock stereo in my Jeep. It will play the burned C.D.s but I have to wait about five minutes for them to load. What a piece of junk.
Red_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2006, 10:17 AM   #6
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Also, certain disks have lower reflectivitiy than others. This occurs between brands, and between types, i.e. CD, CD-R, CD-RW etc. Older players weren't designed for these disks, and sometimes aren't sensitive enough to read them. I had this problem quite often when my studio started burning disks for our clients. The disk would work fine in all of our players, but not in the client's car or home stereo that was a little older. This was around '99, but your '01 stock stereo may be suffering from this.

FWIW,
Adam
'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Faramir66103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2006, 10:27 AM   #7
Nilsen31

get an ipod.

i'm gonna have to start looking into the best setups for an ipod in my tj.
Nilsen31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2006, 10:28 AM   #8
dzdiver
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have also had problems with the OEM am/fm/cd player in my 2002. It won't play burned cd's and now it won't reliably play and eject factory cd's. Time to replace it soon.
2002 Wrangler Sport, 4.0L, 3 speed auto. RE Super Flex 3.5 inch lift. Detroit Locker on Trussed Super 35 in rear, Detroit True-Trac in front. Re-geared to 4.11. Lots of Armor and recovery points. Tuffy Security boxes. 33 by 10.5 BFG Mud Terrains on AR Baja's.

Do you play hard? Are you adequately covered with health, life, and disability insurance? California licensed health/life agent.
http://www.insuredbymargy.com
dzdiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2006, 10:33 AM   #9
TJay
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Same problem here. I just found the one that will work and I dont buy any other kind.

Old technology vs new technology.....

Those xplodes at qudratec are looking pretty good.
TJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2007, 08:53 AM   #10
-RocknRoll-
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilsen31
get an ipod.

i'm gonna have to start looking into the best setups for an ipod in my tj.
I bought an ipod with a monster fm broadcaster.

solved my problem. Not only that i can take it into any of the 3 cars we have, and it doesn't skip while wheeling!!
-RocknRoll- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2007, 05:31 PM   #11
GringoLoco
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I got Sirius sattelite radio, and am extremely happy with it. I haven't listened to a cd or FM radio in months. Plenty of channels, uncensored, no commercials, you can pause the radio and go back from song to song for up to 44 minutes, basically it's like Tivo for radio. Not only do you not have to worry about skipping, but you can go WAY out into the sticks and still have crystal clear reception. I don't care if you're 100 miles from any civilization... if the sattelite can see you, you're good.
YELLOW Jeep Club Member #5606
13 mpg - edit: 12 mpg
No hi-lift on the hood (yet)
Odd noises
Still can't get it to take off from a treadmill....
GringoLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #12
Awshux
Cynical Bastard

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The CD players are notoriously picky and inconsistent about what they play. Your best bet is to look for a good aftermarket unit with a line in jack so you can connect an iPod or other such device.
Unread 01-02-2007, 05:39 PM   #13
Skeezer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Same here, my CD Player skips every time I hit a little bump

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.