stock height front bumper to ground and rear to ground - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > stock height front bumper to ground and rear to ground

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
asjeep
2002 TJ Wrangler 

stock height front bumper to ground and rear to ground

Anyone know the stock height front bumper to ground and rear to ground on a stock tj, mine is an 02

we installed the lift and forgot to measure before

WWW.IDRIVEAJEEP.COM

Last edited by asjeep; 04-11-2010 at 06:50 PM..
asjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Measure your springs from perch to perch, and compare it with the stock measurements in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 01:30 AM   #3
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

That method bothers me. Not all springs are equal; some are progressive, some are stiff, and some are taller than advertised. A better method would be to measure from the center of your wheel to a point on the body, like the bottom of a stock flare. Compare that to the same measurement from a stock height TJ and you'll see the lift you gained from springs alone. If you measure from ground to bumper, or ground to anything, you'll have to take into consideration the tire height.
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #4
Skyryder
1997 TJ Wrangler 

17" front, stock '97 with 31x10.5 new and 97# of winch & stuff on the front.
19" rear with 100# of stuff (tool box, axe, etc, junk)
Black Jeep Society #264
Skyryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 07:16 AM   #5
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_punk View Post
That method bothers me. Not all springs are equal; some are progressive, some are stiff, and some are taller than advertised. A better method would be to measure from the center of your wheel to a point on the body, like the bottom of a stock flare. Compare that to the same measurement from a stock height TJ and you'll see the lift you gained from springs alone. If you measure from ground to bumper, or ground to anything, you'll have to take into consideration the tire height.
How would progressive rate springs, taller springs, etc make 15" from perch to perch mean something different for 1 spring than another? 15" is 15" and it'll translate to the same amount of lift, as any other method of measurement. If it doesn't then your other measurement is wrong.
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ahh I didn't see that it said from perch to perch. I thought he was talking about measuring just the spring when it's not installed. High five to a long day of driving followed by walking home in the rain and browsing JF while barely awake.
Unread 04-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #7
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Yep.
Measuring the height of the bumper, body, fender, door handles whatever on the rig from the ground and comparing it others is essentially meaningless, unless they also measure their tires and you account for that.
Measuring spring height tells you Exactly how much lift you achieved.
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 01:20 PM   #8
BigD97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame View Post
Measure your springs from perch to perch, and compare it with the stock measurements in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.
so probably just being retarded, but can you link that spring perch dimensions page? I too lifted my jeep without measuring. Don't really care as i like the height as is just wondering. Thanks.
BigD97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 01:23 PM   #9
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

Here ya go:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fa...7/#post6077636
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
BigD97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks dualtjs. I guess my used procomp springs aren't what they advertise. I've got about 13.75 for the front and around 8.75 in the rear. looks like i'll be getting some different springs as the ride sucks too.
BigD97TJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.