Stock Fog Light Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Stock Fog Light Issue

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 02-19-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
USAF_Jeep_Dude
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Stock Fog Light Issue

Hello,

I am having issues with my stock 2005 TJ fog lights. They just stopped working one day, I pulled the tab out and they didnít come on. I checked the fuses underneath the hood; I even replaced the fog relay as well but to no avail. I donít have anything to check the engine codes. I wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue before I move to the next step of replacing the switch itself. Thank you for any help you can give me.

USAF_Jeep_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #2
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Did you check the connection upfront behind the actual fog lights? Maybe one of them lost it's ground.
Prior to this happening, did you go into the mud or cross some sort of water?
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:00 PM   #3
TJJP77
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Before throwing parts at it, get a 12-volt test light and check the circuit for power. Start at the connectors at the lamps and see if power is getting up there. If not, work your way back through the relay and the fuse to see where the circuit is interrupted.
Sienna Jeep Club: Member #15
TJJP77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Pull the cover off the steering column and make sure the multi switch isn't starting to show signs of getting hot.
greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
jkp
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The fog lights will not throw a code, however, you can check the engine codes by turning the ignition on off on off on quickly. Do not start it. Codes will display in the odo.

As stated above check for votage working your way back to the switch.

The Multi-function Switch (MFS) is a known problem child, so it is most likely your problem. If it turns out to be your MFS, you can either buy a new one, or you can install on old style fog light switch in the dash.
Unread 03-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #6
USAF_Jeep_Dude
2005 TJ Wrangler 

my apologies for the slow response, work has kept me way to busy to get a look the suggestions posted. I'm finally getting some time off this weekend so I will be trying the all suggestions that you all have been nice enough to post. Thank you all very much.
USAF_Jeep_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.