Stiff Clutch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Stiff Clutch

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Stiff Clutch

With the engine off it was very hard to depress the clutch, with the motor on easier but rough. The slave and cylinder were replaced a few months back. Pulled the cylinder out, pushed in the pin and pressed in the clutch, all seemed fine. But the cylinder back in, pushed the clutch and fluid leaked out. I took the cylinder out, and the plug, and spring feel out. But it all back together, but it back in the trans, no leaks but no resistance at all in the pedal, and I cannot shift into gear with the motor running.

I think I have two problems now, the slave and cylinder. If I bleed it should it be fine or is it bad, because of how it leaked and came apart?

The clutch, why would the pedal be hard to push when not running, but get easier when the engine is running? The shifting itself was smooth, just pushing the clutch pedal was difficult.

I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. If anybody has any advice and a link I would appreciate it.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
With the engine off it was very hard to depress the clutch, with the motor on easier but rough. The slave and cylinder were replaced a few months back. Pulled the cylinder out, pushed in the pin and pressed in the clutch, all seemed fine. But the cylinder back in, pushed the clutch and fluid leaked out. I took the cylinder out, and the plug, and spring feel out. But it all back together, but it back in the trans, no leaks but no resistance at all in the pedal, and I cannot shift into gear with the motor running.

I think I have two problems now, the slave and cylinder. If I bleed it should it be fine or is it bad, because of how it leaked and came apart?

The clutch, why would the pedal be hard to push when not running, but get easier when the engine is running? The shifting itself was smooth, just pushing the clutch pedal was difficult.

I did a search and could not find what I was looking for. If anybody has any advice and a link I would appreciate it.
Anybody?

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.