Steinjäger quick disconnect sway bars - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Steinjäger quick disconnect sway bars

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So for the few days I've been running Steinjägers quick discos for a few days and I really like them. Is you can see their a heck of a lot beefier than rough countries 4 inch sway bars. Maybe it's in my head but the ride feels a lot smoother. As far as the install it was extremely easy. I like the trailer hitch style pins, I was pleased to see that I was not going to have to buy the spacers so that they would have a full range of motion. My only complains is that my driver side has a little bit of space so it allows it to move up and down when the jeep is rocking(not able to hear or feel it from inside" but all in all I'm extremely happy with this and I think their well worth the 150 that they charge and am very eager to see how they hold up. I will be proud to wear the steinjäger sticker on my jeep (the stickers are a bit on the small side...just saying lol)

image-3273682723.jpg

image-308026938.jpg

Rican142 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #2
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Interesting that they went away from the bushings to a 'joint'(?) style. They do look pretty beefy but I'd rather them have stayed with the link pin instead of the trailer hitch style pins

It would be nice to see how these hold up over time. Once less item to grease is nice if you're not fan of the JKS ones that can leak everywhere
Unread 03-29-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican142 View Post
So for the few days I've been running Steinjägers quick discos for a few days and I really like them. Is you can see their a heck of a lot beefier than rough countries 4 inch sway bars. Maybe it's in my head but the ride feels a lot smoother. As far as the install it was extremely easy. I like the trailer hitch style pins, I was pleased to see that I was not going to have to buy the spacers so that they would have a full range of motion. My only complains is that my driver side has a little bit of space so it allows it to move up and down when the jeep is rocking(not able to hear or feel it from inside" but all in all I'm extremely happy with this and I think their well worth the 150 that they charge and am very eager to see how they hold up. I will be proud to wear the steinjäger sticker on my jeep (the stickers are a bit on the small side...just saying lol)
That attachment at the axle is not very well thought out. It will only wear more and get sloppier.
Unread 03-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellin
Interesting that they went away from the bushings to a 'joint'(?) style. They do look pretty beefy but I'd rather them have stayed with the link pin instead of the trailer hitch style pins It would be nice to see how these hold up over time. Once less item to grease is nice if you're not fan of the JKS ones that can leak everywhere
yeah I like the idea of the "hiem joint" cause now I don't have to worry about the rubber bushing dry rotting and crumbling. And thats a good point, I wonder how these stay lubricated.
Unread 03-29-2014, 06:32 PM   #5
RKCWLER
RKCWLER

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I wonder if you could use the bullet style mount at the lower connection. I would hate to have to remove the trailer hitch connections every time and possibly loose one.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Unread 03-29-2014, 07:09 PM   #6
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Bullet style? And when I've disconnected it the few times I have u usually just toss em in the glove box or cupholder
Unread 03-29-2014, 10:23 PM   #7
RKCWLER
RKCWLER

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rican142
Bullet style? And when I've disconnected it the few times I have u usually just toss em in the glove box or cupholder
Here is a picture. This is a GEN II axle bullet from RE.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
image-4110431997.jpg

Unread 03-30-2014, 12:01 AM   #8
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This thread on? I think I like that idea more than pulling out the whole pin
Unread 03-30-2014, 12:06 AM   #9
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh heck yeah, just looked these up and that's a much better idea
Unread 03-30-2014, 01:40 AM   #10
RKCWLER
RKCWLER

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Glad to help. Make sure they have the correct diameter and length before you buy. There doesn't seem to be any rubber isolation. Do these rattle at all?
Unread 03-30-2014, 07:05 AM   #11
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Theirs a tiny bit but only when the vehicle is rocking but when i convert to the bullets pins that will no longer be the case
Unread 03-30-2014, 07:06 AM   #12
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

But nothing that can be heard from inside
Unread 03-31-2014, 06:19 AM   #13
Steinjager
Vendor
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Guys, thanks for the input! It is constructive feedback like this that drives us to continually improve our product lines.

As for the issue of how these stay lubricated, the heims used in our end links are from our Chrome-Moly series, which are nylon raced, which has its own self lubricating properties.
Unread 03-31-2014, 07:11 AM   #14
Rican142
1997 TJ Wrangler 

So in theory, I should never have to lubricate them correct?
Unread 03-31-2014, 08:26 AM   #15
Steinjager
Vendor
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This is correct, anything you do to "lubricate" will only attract dirt and other particulates that will shorten the life of the race.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.