Steering Wheel Wobble. Not Death Wobble. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Steering Wheel Wobble. Not Death Wobble.

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 05-29-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
bigbarr
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Steering Wheel Wobble. Not Death Wobble.

All,

I've got an 05 Sport with a 2' BB and Rubicon Wheels and Tires. This weekend I was playing around in a wooded area on the back of my dad's property. When I pulled out of the garage this morning and all of the way to work I noticed a slight shimmy that is really only noticeable at slow speeds. It's almost like the steering wheel gives a bit. My tires/wheels are not wobbling. It's not a speed or bump related thing, like with death wobble. My steering just kind of jumps back and forth a bit when i turn at slow speeds. I, of course, inspected the underside after being in the woods, everything appears to be good. I'm just not well versed enough to know what could be the problem.

Any ideas? I searched the forums and was overwhelmed with death wobble threads. What should I try and tighten?

Thanks in advance.

Jared

Unread 05-29-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
ytodd

Gimme a call.
ytodd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.