Steering Wheel Shimmy at 45 mph after 2" Budget Boost. Suggestions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Steering Wheel Shimmy at 45 mph after 2" Budget Boost. Suggestions?

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
hddeuce

Steering Wheel Shimmy at 45 mph after 2" Budget Boost. Suggestions?

I have just installed a 2" BB & a 1" body lift on my 2006 TJ Rubicon. Everything is smooth except when I am between 40 - 45 mph. My steering wheel has a slight shimmy back & forth. I have not had an alignment yet. Is that my problem? Any suggestions?
Thanks.....

hddeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
amiller
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Do the alignment then check back if issue remains
amiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
durango-bob
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The only adjustment that there is in the alignment is toe-in. And after you lift it, you will have too much toe-in. You can easily set it yourself with a tape measure. Just measure a common point between the front of the front tires and the rear of the front tires. Set the toe by adjusting the length of the tie rod so that you have a difference in the two measurements of 1/8".
durango-bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.