Steering stabilizer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Steering stabilizer

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 09-18-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Ezalycasaid

Steering stabilizer

Is it possible to overstretch your stock steering stabilizer? Im getting a huge death wobble after coming off a trail.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...eilla-1121886/
I void warranties.
Ezalycasaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #2
wpparker
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Steering stab. is not the cause of death wobble. It is something else. I even get a death wobble feel a day on the trail if I have aired down. I get the tires rebalanced and im good to go. Be sure to check all of your front steering and suspension. Replacing your steering stab. might fix the prob. for now but it will be back until you find the true prob.
wpparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
DevilDogDoc
1997 TJ Wrangler 

There are folks that run without a ss with no issues so it bound to be something else.
Unread 09-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezalycasaid View Post
Is it possible to overstretch your stock steering stabilizer? Im getting a huge death wobble after coming off a trail.
why would your steering stabilizer have anything to do with the death wobble you're experiencing?
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2010, 10:15 PM   #5
drift2death
1997 TJ Wrangler 

DW is nothing but loose suspension components/linkage well for my friends 03 tj Ruby rig havent gotten my DW yet
drift2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
06wranglerTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I bought my 06 wrangler in april and the day i bought it i had a not bad but noticable shimmy at 53-55. Brought it back to the dealer and it took them a week to figure out what the problem was. They balanced the tires like 3 times and come to find out the steering stabalizer had about a half in of play in it causing the shimmy.
06wranglerTJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.