Steering issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Steering issues

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 08-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
Lt13501
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Steering issues

Ok guys let see if you can help me out here. I have a 97 TJ with a 4inch skyjacker suspension lift, 33x12.50 tires on 15inch rims. The lifts appears to me to have been on a while. I have replaced the front track bar bolt with a heavier better one due to the stock one having been loose and rusted in the loose position. The front track bar is now very tight and there is no play. I have just put new zone off road front sway bars on, I have gotten a professional alignment done and I have tightened the rear track bar as tight as I can. (there appears to be a little play from what i think is a worn out bushing). After all of this the jeep handles much better then when I first got it however it still seems to pull right when I shift while accelerating or if I am traveling down the highway at 50-60 MPH and I let off the gas or push in the clutch it does it as well. It always goes right, its not terrible and is drivable but I know it should not being doing this. I have checked every connection and found them all to be tight. What else could be causing this?

Also this jeep seems to only start if I crank the Engine twice, I assume this is a fuel pump regulator but I am unsure. If I turn the key to the on position, wait a second and then start it does not help. It has to crank one full turn, turn the key off then the second crank will start right up. If you guys have any idea why this is occuring as well your insight will be be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lt13501 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine , handling , starting , steering

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.