Steering box Trouble continues - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Steering box Trouble continues

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #16
EvilMonkey
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Search here and on Google. There are so many threads and write up's on this. I did the durango box swap and it was easy. PB blaster for a couple of days and you're good to go. Go to your local parts store and tell'em you need a durango box and then return your TJ box as the core. They won't be able to tell the difference unless they run part numbers.

Last edited by EvilMonkey; 08-11-2010 at 03:48 PM..
EvilMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 07:50 AM   #17
Ghaniba
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
They won't be able to tell the difference unless they run part numbers.

Wow, you ARE an evil monkey!

Dave aka Ghan
Ghaniba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #18
saharaTJ7638
2002 TJ Wrangler 

What year durango would you get it from?
eugenethejeep: my mom was in here talking and being weird lol. i don't think her seeing us talk about cat tacos would be appropriate
35's and a lift kit how stuck can you get? - Justin Moore
saharaTJ7638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 08:38 AM   #19
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I started with one from Auto Zone and after much struggling got it in place only to find that it wouldn't return to center. So, I got one from Napa swapped in (not really easier the second time unfortunately) and it was fine. They had pretty much identical warranties but the finish on the Napa box was better and the casing seemed thicker/larger somehow, but it all lined up. The Auto Zone one went back for a full refund. They tried to just swap it with another unit, but in the end agreed to give me a refund. I wouldn't go with an Auto Zone unit again.

FWIW,
Adam
'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Faramir66103 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering box , leak

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.