Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Starting Issue of some sorts

576 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  phantom01231 
#1 ·
Ok about a week ago when I was leaving work in the morning I wend out and started the Jeep. For some reason after I started it and shifted it into Nuetral and let off the clutch it sounded as if it was cranking hard and it started to shake. The shakes are kind of long and drawn not quick and sharp. It does this everytime I go out and start it in the mornings. When it happens it will stop after about 5-10 secs or if I depress the clutch it will stop. I figure it has something to do with the tranny. As it stops when the clutch is depressed. What could it be? I just changed the lube in the transmission easter weekend. Could it need more lube in it. I also changed the diffs which I would doubt that would have anything to do with it, and I also changed the engine oil. I used Royal Purple in the transmission and I used Valvoline Max life in the engine with a RP filter. I just got the vehicle about a month ago and those are the only things Ive done so far other then changing the fluid in the TC and the air filter. Also when it does this the idle is where it should be. Only other things Ive noticed is the oil presure stays at about 50-60 all the time unless Ive been driving for a while and then it will go down to about 40-50 and the drive belt needs to be replaced. What could be the problem?

#2 ·
The difference when you push the clutch is only because of the pressure from the transmission and flywheel. (not the problem)

If this just started happening I would check that the starter shaft is not worn or moving around, Check that the flywheel is not loose.

I dont see your oil pressure as a problem as almost any jeep runs pressure like that till warmed up.

Edit: Missed the part about the lube. Did you go with thicker oil? Pull the fill plug and make sure it is full. If its too low and not lubed correctly you may have some friction of metal untill it spins the oil around.

#3 ·
I went with the Synchromax lube. No idea what was in there before. I thought that might be a problem is maybe I need to add some oil to it. It would make sense it sitting there all night and it being a little cooler durring the night so when I start it in the morning it would take a littke bit for the oil to make its way around becaue when I start it in the afternoons after it being hot to does it for like a real breif second and then stops. If I get a chance this weekend Ill recheck all the oil levels and add as needed and ill look at the items you noted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.