Starter Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Starter Issue

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
saloom86

Starter Issue

Hello Everyone,
I just completed an engine swamp on a 2000 Jeep Wrangler 4.0. When I try to start the Jeep, the starter does not engage the flywheel. I've put a new starter on and same issue. I popped the clutch on the Jeep and the engine fired up and ran perfect. Battery is brand new. Any help or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

saloom86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

You verified the starter is working? The bendix is kicking out? There are teeth on the flywheel?
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
saloom86

Flywheel is good, but I don't believe the bendix is kicking out. I think it might be an electrical issue that is causing the bendix not to kick out. Thoughts?
saloom86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
NotURMailman
Straight up fool!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Did you possibly put the soleniod wire on the wrong terminal on the starter?

Does the starter spin when you turn the key and just not kick out?

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.