Stalling out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Stalling out

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
TJJeepinguy

Stalling out

Hi,

I have a 97 4.0 that has started to stall out and cut off. Before the cutting off began it would hiccup as if the fuel got interrupted for a brief second. And even before the hiccup's it would seem to try and stall for a while as the fuel level would get low. The hiccup's would happen while I as on the throttle. The cutting off has happened both as I was on the throttle and as i had let off to slow down to a stop. It also did this with the tank full and close to empty. I could imminently restart the Jeep without any issues and continue down the road.

Does this sound like a fuel pump issue? Something in the tank itself? Or something totally different.

Thanks

TJJeepinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2014, 07:11 PM   #2
TJJeepinguy

Just want to add that it is now stalling out at times when I come to a stop. It restarts without any issues. Thanks
TJJeepinguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.