srb~AA or Skyjacker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > srb~AA or Skyjacker

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-10-2005, 01:15 PM   #1
Dangle

srb~AA or Skyjacker

hey guys, after doing my belly up skid i noticed that its much more difficult to shift into 4wd...It will go into 4hi but the light wont even come on and tell me it is...I was wondering which one was better (shifter relocation bracket) Advance Adapters or skyjacker or if either of them were the same...Also where to purchase it from...thanks for you help guys, and i searched but couldnt find where to purchase them from, or a good comparison of the two...thanks again..

4.5 RE SF, 1" body, 1" MML, 35" MTR's,, SYE & Driveshaft, Dana 44 in the rear, 7" wheelbase stretch, multiple skids protecting front to back, Flat Fendered, O.R.O U-Turn, PSC P-Pump, Vanco Hydroboost, Aussie locker in front and some other bullsh#t
REDNECK JEEP CLUB MEMBER #227
FORTI ET FIDELI NIHIL DIFFICILE
Dangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2005, 01:26 PM   #2
got4-Lo

get one that connects directly tothe t-case, novak industys make a eral nice on. search NC4x4 they are inthe process of doina group buy.

[URL]webwheeling.com[/URL]
got4-Lo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

I'll be selling my skyjacker next week. I'm going with the novak setup. I'll be asking $50 and the shift rod is already extended.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #4
mookarma

is this something that's guaranteed to occur with a belly-up or is it just a chance that it will occur?
mookarma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #5
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

It is something you need for a belly up. The linkage gets jammed up when you raise the skid.

[Jeep Pics
Unread 02-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #6
Dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by igofshn
I'll be selling my skyjacker next week. I'm going with the novak setup. I'll be asking $50 and the shift rod is already extended.
I might be interested in your skyjacker one, would the extended shift rod work in my application, with a 4.5 re sf, and 1"body with belly up...or would i have to re cut it and re weld it....also if you dont mind me asking, why are you choosing the novak setup over your current setup???thanks
4.5 RE SF, 1" body, 1" MML, 35" MTR's,, SYE & Driveshaft, Dana 44 in the rear, 7" wheelbase stretch, multiple skids protecting front to back, Flat Fendered, O.R.O U-Turn, PSC P-Pump, Vanco Hydroboost, Aussie locker in front and some other bullsh#t
Unread 02-10-2005, 03:05 PM   #7
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangle
I might be interested in your skyjacker one, would the extended shift rod work in my application, with a 4.5 re sf, and 1"body with belly up...or would i have to re cut it and re weld it....also if you dont mind me asking, why are you choosing the novak setup over your current setup???thanks
That's the same setup I have. I also have the skyjacker belly up. I'm going to the novak to do away with the Z bend linkage system. It works fine but I just want something a little different.

[Jeep Pics
Unread 02-10-2005, 06:29 PM   #8
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It is something you need for a belly up. The linkage gets jammed up when you raise the skid.
This was also the case when I installed my high-clearance skid. Here are some pix before and after the Skyjacker shifter relocation bracket (disregard the text, that was for a different review on this forum):

Stock shifter bracket mounted on body and t-case

Stock linkaged modified and installed on the Skyjacker bracket

The new bracket and modified linkage re-installed on TJ

I was looking at the Novak unit and while it looks nice and the operation is appealing I did have some concerns about it. First off, the new shift lever rises up well in front of the stock linkage. . . in pictures it doesn't look like there is a hole in the body tub for that and I'm not sure it meets up with the stock console hole. Secondly, the hinge is a single shear pivot. There may be some binding on that. And the fact that the Novak unit is $130 vs. the Skyjacker at $65 makes me wonder, too. However, I'd like to hear from people who install it to see how they like it and how it actually works (hint hint to future Novak users).

I wish I had known about the AA relocation bracket. Skyjacker was the only one that popped up when I was searching for a relocatin bracket. I may have still gone with the Skyjacker unit but it would have been nice to have a choice. All in all I'm pleased with the Skyjacker unit. Apart from the cut n' weld of the upper linkage it fit very nicely and is a real solid unit.

Here are some other pix that compare the stock and Skyjacker brackets. You can see why the welding is needed because the pivot axle is moved down and forward with the new bracket:

Unread 02-10-2005, 06:59 PM   #9
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupinsea
I was looking at the Novak unit and while it looks nice and the operation is appealing I did have some concerns about it. First off, the new shift lever rises up well in front of the stock linkage. . . in pictures it doesn't look like there is a hole in the body tub for that and I'm not sure it meets up with the stock console hole. Secondly, the hinge is a single shear pivot. There may be some binding on that. And the fact that the Novak unit is $130 vs. the Skyjacker at $65 makes me wonder, too. However, I'd like to hear from people who install it to see how they like it and how it actually works (hint hint to future Novak users).
price is gonna be $105 if you get in on the group buy...

not sure about your concern with it fitting the stock console...

here's the pic from their site:

and a pic of my '01:

looks like a direct fit for me...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2005, 07:02 PM   #10
Spartan302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWaylon
price is gonna be $105 if you get in on the group buy...

Greg
Do you have the link for the group buy handy?

Keith
Spartan302 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2005, 07:12 PM   #11
Dangle

is that from 4x4groupbuy???if so i may also be interested...I love the look of that Novak srb...
Unread 02-10-2005, 07:14 PM   #12
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan302
Do you have the link for the group buy handy?

Keith
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/new-style-t-case-shifter-bracket-134993/

GB is actually on www.nc4x4.com...

Andy's info is there...email him to get on the list, or call him tomorrow...

Greg
Unread 02-10-2005, 07:16 PM   #13
Spartan302

Thanks

Keith
Spartan302 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2005, 08:05 PM   #14
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

I went ahead and got mine. I didn't want to wait for the gb.

[Jeep Pics
Unread 02-10-2005, 08:08 PM   #15
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Quote:
I went ahead and got mine. I didn't want to wait for the gb.
already received it? or just ordered?

Greg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.