Squeaky TJ '00 (video) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Squeaky TJ '00 (video)

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-23-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
z88nelson
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Squeaky TJ '00 (video)

Alright guys, new member here. Go easy on me. Just got a 2000 TJ 4.0. Runs pretty well except for a ridiculous squeal at high speeds. It only happens after the jeep has been running for a few minutes and gets up to 45-65mph. I try my hardest to pull over and pop the hood but usually once I put it in neutral and slow down it the sound goes away after 30 seconds. Usually starts in 4th or 5th but continues when idling. In the video you will hear it stop and start again because when I put my foot on the accelerator the noise dissipates but then when I start coasting the tea kettle starts roaring. I know this has to be common and I just haven't done enough research on here to find the problem, but please, someone humor me with a permanent solution, PLEASE! It's got to be some pulley bearing or some kind of vaccum leak. Please help. Thanks guys, love the forum.
http://s1234.beta.photobucket.com/us...ky_tj.mp4.html

z88nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Moezer
2014 JK Wrangler 

check ur steering pump pully
Moezer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.