Squeaky TJ '00 (video) - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 02-23-2013, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
z88nelson
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Squeaky TJ '00 (video)

Alright guys, new member here. Go easy on me. Just got a 2000 TJ 4.0. Runs pretty well except for a ridiculous squeal at high speeds. It only happens after the jeep has been running for a few minutes and gets up to 45-65mph. I try my hardest to pull over and pop the hood but usually once I put it in neutral and slow down it the sound goes away after 30 seconds. Usually starts in 4th or 5th but continues when idling. In the video you will hear it stop and start again because when I put my foot on the accelerator the noise dissipates but then when I start coasting the tea kettle starts roaring. I know this has to be common and I just haven't done enough research on here to find the problem, but please, someone humor me with a permanent solution, PLEASE! It's got to be some pulley bearing or some kind of vaccum leak. Please help. Thanks guys, love the forum.
http://s1234.beta.photobucket.com/us...ky_tj.mp4.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

check ur steering pump pully

Tags
2000 , squeal , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.