Squeak from front passenger wheel. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Squeak from front passenger wheel.

Black Rhino Off Road Wheels + Free ShippingThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 11-20-2005, 07:11 PM   #1
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Squeak from front passenger wheel.

Since saturday morning my front passenger side wheel has been making a squeak. It's sorta the type of noise that two metal panels that rub makes. Tis somewhat annoying and tis really pretty loud. It starts @ 25 mph. It doesnt go away on turns nor does it get louder, so i'm assuming tis not bearings. As they would prolly make a louder noise on sharp turns. The only thing that i have found so far from just poking around is that the dust shield for the disc brake does make a vibrating noise when i smack it. Whereas the drivers side shield does not. Tonight i finally get a chance to get it up on a jack and poke at it some.

Any suggestions of what i should look for to diagnose any major problems? Also, i have been told that the dust shield is useless, anyone wanna confirm this? And suggest i remove it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2005, 07:12 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Leave the dust shield in place and make sure it's not bent so it's rubbing. Mine bent once and the shrieking screeching noise it made as it rubbed against the rotor scared the crap out of me.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:15 AM   #3
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

1999 TJ Wrangler 

any other possible culprits?

Mine seems to increase when going down our local bumpy dirt roads...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.