sprayed on liner for tub? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > sprayed on liner for tub?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 12-29-2003, 07:44 PM   #1
Kraemer

sprayed on liner for tub?

any one have their tub line-x'd or rhino line'd..I know someone who was quoted for 400 for their K5 tub to be line'xed and that tub is bigger..just lookin for quotes here..thanks a bunch

Kraemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2003, 11:26 PM   #2
Fletch

I got my TJ Line-Xed for $500
Unread 12-30-2003, 05:34 PM   #3
DirtyRedTJ

I went with the do-it-yourself spray cans. Been in for about 6 months, and still looks great. I know it's not nearly as tough as the Line-x, but it is easily touched up.

1998 SE, 4 Gerbils , 5 speed,
D30 Front, Diff Guards, QD's,
3" Black Diamond springs, Rough Country LCAs,
Pro Comp es3000's, 2" bl, 8,000lb winch,
TB spacer, K&N, Electric Fan, hand throttle,
CB, Seat covers, chopped bumper,
33 x 12.50 Truxus MTs, AR wheels,
Rocker guards, Lights, High Lift ...

[COLOR=darkred]Certain Death Jeep Club Member #2[ /COLOR]

2002 WJ 31x11x16 Thornbirds, Westin Safari Bar
DirtyRedTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2003, 06:10 PM   #4
meg888

Hey Kraemer
You might want to check out the YJ forum. There is a post in there that shows a jeep recently lined. It looks great and he rolled it on himself. Its cheaper too! I'll be lining mine sooner or later too.
Good luck !!!-Meg
meg888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2003, 08:36 PM   #5
Kraemer

I could do it myself easily and I know what it looks like...I just don't want to go through the hassle..me and paint do not mix....all I want is a quote..someone has to have had this done...
Unread 12-31-2003, 08:51 PM   #6
Poseidon17

I herculined in the summer, turned out good though I think in spots I made it too thin, probably go over it again this summer. It is a really cool and useful mod for pretty cheap. protects your interior and looks good to boot. While taking the back seat hardware out I broke off two bolts, so make sure when you're removing all those bolts to use WD-40 or some kind of lube/oil. Not sure if this is what you were looking at doing. It certainly is cheaper than having someone else rhino line it or do the lining for you whatever you get. I just paid $100 for the herc. and did it myself withing the span of two days. People usually say it turns out nicer if you spray it on, but I say if you don't already have all the equipment for spraying it, don't bother spending more money. All in all, herculining is the best option I think, and doing yourself will safe you some cash you can then spend on more jeep stuff. Just Empty Every Pocket
Unread 12-31-2003, 09:35 PM   #7
Michele
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraemer
....all I want is a quote..someone has to have had this done...
I believe the first person who answered your post did say he/she had it done and what they paid.

My TJ at cardomain
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2003, 11:18 PM   #8
ncb76
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele
I believe the first person who answered your post did say he/she had it done and what they paid.

I was quoted 400-500 for Rhino, depending on whether I removed the carpets, seats, etc. or not. Check out www.4x4xplor.com for a write-up. He sprayed his CJ's tub with Herculiner, I think. Looks great. I'd definitley do it yourself, unless you can afford the extra cash to have someone do it for you. I plan on doing it as soon as I get the time. And the garage space...

'97 TJ Sport | 2" Spacer Lift | JKS Disconnects | RS 5000's | 32x11.5 ProComp MT's on MT Classic II's
ncb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2004, 01:46 PM   #9
xyz123
Super Senior Member

One very important point; If you use herculiner or some other do-it-yourself kit, get some type of UV protectant to apply over it.

I did a cj in spring last year, then ran all summer with only a bikini top; by the time I sold it in early fall, all the areas that was not covered by the bikini top were very dull and faded.

Last edited by xyz123; 01-01-2004 at 04:50 PM..
xyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2004, 01:59 PM   #10
Kraemer

wow I skipped right over that first one....ok man thanks to all...
Unread 01-01-2004, 06:51 PM   #11
kizer

Yeah heres another link on the same topic. The wife saw this website and told me this is my next summers project. Go figure.

http://www.totalparadox.com/jeep/pic...herculiner.htm
kizer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.