Sprayed Cam Pos. Sensor w/ H2O and now it won't start... Need HELP!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Sprayed Cam Pos. Sensor w/ H2O and now it won't start... Need HELP!!

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 01-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
ElJaynocibuR

Sprayed Cam Pos. Sensor w/ H2O and now it won't start... Need HELP!!

I've been having intermittent drivability issues when it's raining so I was out in the driveway trying to diagnose the problem.

I sprayed the hell outta my brand new crank pos. sensor, and it ran fine.

I then sprayed the cam pos. sensor and the "distrubutor looking apparatus"(?) and then the jeep died.

I thought no big deal, once it dries it will be back to normal, but it's dry now and it won't run at all. It will turn over just fine, but doesnt fire off.

Any suggestions?

I took off the black cap on the "distrubutor looking apparatus" and everthing looked fine (no water, and no metal shavings)

Unread 01-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
ElJaynocibuR

I went out several hours later and it started....I hope a new cps fixes the problem.
Unread 01-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #3
herbiehind
1999 TJ Wrangler 

wd 40 is awsome at displacing water . water displacement 40 . spray the crap outta the electrics next time before firing up .
herbiehind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

You do understand that the camshaft sensor is the "CPS" and the crankshaft sensor is the "CKP" right?Please explain again what you sprayed?
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2010, 08:03 AM   #5
ElJaynocibuR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ View Post
You do understand that the camshaft sensor is the "CPS" and the crankshaft sensor is the "CKP" right?Please explain again what you sprayed?
I sprayed both the CKP and the CPS. I started by spraying the CKP, nothing happened. I sprayed the CPS and almost instantly the jeep died and wouldn't start.

It eventually dried out and started again. It ran fine the rest of the day and the next morning, and then it left me stranded on my way home from work. (It wasn't raining and should have been dry)

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.