Spray in box liner??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Spray in box liner???

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-09-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
jonnyboy97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Spray in box liner???

I am wanting to put a spray in box liner in my 97 tj! Whats the best brand name for this application?

jonnyboy97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
wmeyer116
1997 TJ Wrangler 

like a bed liner?
Leave your inbred childish comments somewhere else. They are not welcome on JF
wmeyer116 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
alecmcmahon

Popular brands for this application are U-pol Raptor, Herculiner, Line X,etc.

I personally prefer Raptor
Unread 10-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
akaswissmiss
2000 TJ Wrangler 

How does this look? I'm getting fed up with the carpet thing, thinking about doing it as well. Advantages/Disadvantages??
Unread 10-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaswissmiss View Post
How does this look? I'm getting fed up with the carpet thing, thinking about doing it as well. Advantages/Disadvantages??
hows it look you ask? I love this stuff

there that should be enough to convince you

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

U-Pol Raptor is my personal favorite along with many others, looks great and affordable.
Line-X is known to be expensive but also comes out good.
Herculiner is affordable yet doesn't come out that great, majority will vote it looks messy.

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
YWU
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I recently had mine done. How particular are you? The name brand places charge a lot more but probably do a better job. I think they quoted me $750 for Rhinoliner inside my TJ. A local 4X4 speciality store did it for $450. It's not perfect but certainly good enough for this application. I'd use them again and spend the extra $300 on other stuff.

I guess my point is to call around.
YWU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
akaswissmiss
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I've been looking around and someone spent less then 100 on hurculiner and did it themselves. I think I'm going to do like you suggested and call around, spend under 500 for sure. Not that particular. So no disadvantages I take it huh? Replacement carpet is only $130.
Unread 10-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #9
Pillswoj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Spray in would be Line-X or Rhinoliner for Shop installed. DIY Spray would be U-Pol Raptor. Herculiner is meant to be Rolled / brushed on. I did Herculiner and it turned out very nice, prep is the key.
Unread 10-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
str8stock4l
2005 LJ Wrangler 

pillswoj can you post pictures of the herculiner. im thinking about doing that one.

2005 LJ Finally hit to many mods to list

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/st...thread-856908/
str8stock4l is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #11
iceman123187
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I got the rattleguard off of ebay. comes with the spray gun and everything you need. I got the large kit. Me and a buddy had enough to do my jeep and his ranger. Looks great.
1999 TJ|3" Black Diamond Susp.| 1.25 JKS BL| 1" JKS BMML|33x12.50's| 15x8 Eagle Alloys| 4.88 Gears| D35 and Detroit Tru Trac in the rear| D30| NATES 4x4 front and rear bumpers| Hella 500's| HI Lift| Rattle Guard Bed Liner
iceman123187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2009, 07:16 PM   #12
Whobeme
2010 JK Wrangler 

I just sprayed my Unlimited with Al's Liner. It is a four part mix that turns out more like Rhino liner. It is rubbery and softer that Hurculiner. It was $95 a gallon with free shipping and it took two gallons. I also bought the spray gun for $55. I sprayed mine with the optional rubber crumb for added texture because I was worried that the floor would be to slippery. In my opinion it wouldn't be slippery with out it. Even with the added texture it isn't hard on the bare flesh like my last Jeep that I sprayed Hurculiner in.

Here's a link to pics. Jeep sprayed with Als Liner pictures by Newbeme - Photobucket
Whobeme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2009, 06:27 PM   #13
Mttrek360
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I just got done spraying U-Pol Raptor in my Jeep. I wouldn't go any other route. But thats just me. Do it yourself, its not really that hard. Take the time, remove everything you can and tape the rest. The raptor sprays very easy. Good luck!

Unread 10-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #14
RickHonzaRubicn
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i herculined mine, the only thing i dont like about it is my floorboards hold that georgia red clay very nicely.
RickHonzaRubicn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.