SpiderWeb Bikini Top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > SpiderWeb Bikini Top

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 03-08-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
winstonk
2004 TJ Wrangler 

SpiderWeb Bikini Top

Is anyone using this bikini top? I need a bikini top for my '04 TJ. This seemed like a decent one. The Bestop bikini top also looked pretty good but the SpiderWeb looked easier and more convenient to install. Would appreciate any comments!

winstonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 07:43 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pic or link.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 07:47 AM   #3
winstonk
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looking for comments as it being a great product or not so great product.
Unread 03-08-2010, 07:52 AM   #4
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The reviews sound positive.$59 at Amazon too.
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 1988-2005 Jeep Wrangler Shade Top by SpiderWeb
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
winstonk
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for your help!
Unread 03-08-2010, 08:24 AM   #6
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

All I've seen of the spider web is photos. I have the VDP Kool Breeze top which is similar in construction. However the VDP top uses a windshield header which I think makes for a better attachment at the windshield than the spider web straps.
Vertically Driven Products 9702FJKB - VDP KoolBreez™ Full Roll Bar Top for 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ - Quadratec
It comes in both this full coverage version and a shorter bikini style.
Unread 03-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
Neil F.
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Do a search. There is a massive thread about the spiderweb, pictures and people that have it. The vendor used to post here. It died down obviously over the winter.
Neil F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #8
winston2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I bought one last year and love it. First let me say, I ordered it off ebay from the Spiderweb company and after about 2 weeks the packaging showed up, but the top wasn't in it. The post office had a note stating the package was "damaged" and this is what was left.....wonderful. I contacted the spiderweb company and they sent another one out with no charge to me! Their customer support was awesome!

I like the top. You can use it many different ways as their website shows. What I liked most about it, was I could have it installed and still put my soft top up over it if I wanted. It also rolls up really nice and you can store it under your seat if you don't want to use it all the time.
winston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #9
winstonk
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Winston2...thanks for the reply!
Did you do the SW1 or SW2?
Unread 03-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have SW1 and love it as well. It can be left on under any top, and it makes great shade while maintaining the open air feel that we all love! It will NOT keep you dry in anything more than a sprinkle, tho it will diffuse the rain drops....

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #11
winston2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I think I have the sw1. Its just the 1 piece unit. I think (without having looked in a while) the sw2 was a 2 piece.
winston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #12
alecmcmahon

i bought it last summer when i was driving my TJ on the street more, its more of trail only now, but its a great product.

i bought the full 3 piece one, bikini, wind jammer, and rear seat, worked great on my stock cage, though after installing a aftermarket roll cage, im not sure how well it will fit. should be fine though

Unread 03-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #13
Red02TJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I bought mine almost 2 years ago, the SW1. The thing I like about it was that you can remove/replace your soft top without removing the spiderweb. And it doesn't need a windshield channel.

Red02TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #14
hawk3ye
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I love mine. I used to roll around with my soft top with no windows and what not "safari style" but after I saw one of these I had to try one out. Lol! just don't get caught in a rain shower though, they definitely don't keep out the rain too well.

The only thing I don't like about the one piece SW1 is that if you ever have people in the back seat, the part that dips down will actually be right on the passenger's head. I had a friend who's about 5'4" sit in the back on a road trip and she had to lean over because that part was in the way, it's no big deal though, I mean I think if it was totally annoying, we could've found a way to relocate that part...

Here's a pic to show you that rear area I'm talking about

Bay Area JP Club
hawk3ye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #15
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

Ill give my

I just bought a Bestop Safari top and am probably going to return it... I wanted it to replace the soft top for the summer, but the way it straps to the roll cage and door surrounds, it allows for ALOT of water to get in when it rains. So I will probably go back to using my soft top when I need shade or protection from the rain OR maybe look into buying this spiderweb thing, because it looks as if I could put the soft top up, even if the spiderweb top was in use.

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.