Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Speedometer Calibration

2K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  SouthernGypsy 
#1 ·
Friday morning we installed a new set of Goodyear Fierce Attitude M/T tires on my 2004 Rubi. They are LT285/75R16 in size. My brother should the specs show them to be at 33.1 inch tire. Of course they made my speedometer off so I've been using my GPS to know my speed. This morning my brother was going to check the pinion gear on the speedometer cable to change it to correct my speedometer. But he discovered there was no gear it's a magnetic pickup sensor.

On a model like this what is the easiest and cheapest way to correct my speedometer for my new tires?

"CJ" Candice Jolene, "Dashie" 82 CJ-7, and "Rubi-Dash" 04 Rubicon

#15 ·
Popcorn usually means you're sitting back watching the drama and fireworks, taking in the entertainment. I didn't think anyone was slap-fighting as sometimes happens, so I was surprised to see you popping all that corn. Wannabe fight about your squiggly? :)

#16 ·
Can mean more than one thing, I usually see it more when people are just watching a thread on most forums, but most forums I'm on don't have the drama this one sometimes seems to :shhh: ...And no, alas, my squiggly is just... well, I don't know what it is. I tried to figure out what was causing it one night but after about 40 mins of going thru settings I was finally just like whatever, got bored looking for the cause and went on to something more interesting. So if the question ever comes up, I now know that 40 mins is my boredom limit for researching small squiggly lines :laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl:

~

#22 ·
I got on the interstate and set my cruise at 70 mph exactly according to the GPS when I got to a long straight black area. I was wrong about which Mark it was morning too I thought it was morning to just over the 2750 RPM mark But it's really pointing at the 2500 RPM mark. But that is still higher than the other thread indicated.

#24 ·
Their video makes it look easy enough. Doesn't look like you'll have any issues. I'm wondering how easy it will be to find the "%" that you need to adjust it, if you have to drive, stop, adjust, drive, stop, adjust, etc. or if there's a shortcut.

BTW: Did you watch that video with the 15 year old girl, if she was just a little older she'd actually look a lot like you, or maybe you looked like her at that age. But in any event when I seen the video I thought we'd found you a kid sister :rofl:

~

#26 ·
SouthernGypsy said:
What did you do, order the last one they had?!? :laugh: I decided to just go ahead and order one for my Jeep and one for Eric's Jeep that we're working on and an hour later I get a message from them that they are out but that they will ship next week and gave us a small refund to our PayPal account for the trouble of the extra delay. ~
No I didn't because I got the same kind of email from them a few days after I placed my order and I think a day after you said you got a message about them being delayed and now they're saying it will be two weeks. They gave me a partial refund for the delay and then a day later said the delay would be longer than they thought and offered to keep me at the head of the list or do a refund and I could simply re-order when they had them in stock they'd let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.