Speed Control Install, 2.4L - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Speed Control Install, 2.4L

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-24-2007, 06:25 AM   #1
SpitNine

Speed Control Install, 2.4L

Purchased form Wyckoff Chrysler, Inc.
www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com
Kit cost $138.95 plus $12.05 shipping, $151.00 total.

Kit arrived yesterday and I installed it immediately. Took me two hours.
The wiring assembly (wiring harness if your vehicle is NOT prewired) was NOT included in the kit I received but I didn't need it as my Wrangler, a 2003 SE, was prewired.
The install is very straightforward but I had to re-tap the threads in the three existing and previously unused holes that the servo assembly mounts to. They had rusted, pretty much filling the threads with rust. Threads are 6mm and it took awhile to clean the threads up.
When I started the Jeep up, I got an airbag light so I had to remove the airbag again (very easy) and re-connect the yellow connector at the back of the airbag that had come loose. Easy fix.
Cruise works great.
For the price and a couple of hours of work, it's a great deal. But only if you're prewired.

Garvin Wilderness Front and Rear Bumpers
It's only a machine. You can love it if you want but it will not love you back. VOTE!
SpitNine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2007, 07:18 AM   #2
RLD831
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I got all of my parts out of a junked Jeep we had. I installed it in a Cherokee though. Somehow my 2001 SE came with cruise already installed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.