Spacer lifts... teach me about them! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Spacer lifts... teach me about them!

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Spacer lifts... teach me about them!

This isnt really for me; I have a 4" long arm kit in my TJ, but my dad kinda wants to lift his 99 TJ.

He is concerned that it will ride rough, but as long as you have decent shocks, a spacer lift (2") should be fine, right? What about drivetrain vibes? Would they be an issue?

On that note; my mom is totally against him doing any mods on his jeep (lift, winch, etc) and says hes not a '20-something year old kid'

Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #2
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

My first 2.25" BB rode every bit as good as stock.I had Skyjacker hydro shocks with mine.I've never had any vibes with any 2" lift I've installed,but some people do.A few washers to drop the t case would fix it.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 04:47 AM   #3
Baseplate
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2" spacer makes allot of sense....save the penny's for putting some decent tyres on then.

Wont need a SYE for 2" but adjustable uppers would be good....

Assuming he is going 31's?

PS: My wife told me "no lifts" and I am now running 4.5" on 35's and she cant get into the Jeep in tight pants! Hahahaha
Baseplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 04:50 AM   #4
BoarderX47
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Spacer lifts are fine if you stick around 2" like Boogieman said. If you do start to get vibes, instead of shimming with washers install the UFC LoPro t-case mount (if it will work with his Jeep) that should take care of any vibes that may arise.

http://www.undercoverfab.com/bracket...unt-97-02.html

It is better to beg forgiveness than ask permission in your dads case
BoarderX47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 04:52 AM   #5
Maverickxeo
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseplate View Post
2" spacer makes allot of sense....save the penny's for putting some decent tyres on then.

Wont need a SYE for 2" but adjustable uppers would be good....

Assuming he is going 31's?

PS: My wife told me "no lifts" and I am now running 4.5" on 35's and she cant get into the Jeep in tight pants! Hahahaha
Hes running 31" right now, but hes always wanted a lift. He also wants a winch, but my mom would for sure say no to that.
Maverickxeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:06 AM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickxeo View Post
Hes running 31" right now, but hes always wanted a lift. He also wants a winch, but my mom would for sure say no to that.
If he gets a winch your mom won't get her new shoes.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:40 AM   #7
hefightsfire
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 2" BB on my 01. Can't tell a difference in it from stock ride. Also put one on the 99 I owned before and had no issues.

Abraham Lincoln
hefightsfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #8
hefightsfire
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just help your dad put it on while mom is gone. If she's like my wife she'll never notice.

Abraham Lincoln
hefightsfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:45 AM   #9
j33p4l1fe4x4
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickxeo View Post
This isnt really for me; I have a 4" long arm kit in my TJ, but my dad kinda wants to lift his 99 TJ.

He is concerned that it will ride rough, but as long as you have decent shocks, a spacer lift (2") should be fine, right? What about drivetrain vibes? Would they be an issue?

On that note; my mom is totally against him doing any mods on his jeep (lift, winch, etc) and says hes not a '20-something year old kid'
ive got a set of 4 2" spacers for sale right now
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #10
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

make sure to get a BB with bumpstop extensions.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.