Spacer lifts? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Spacer lifts?

1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 10-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #16
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman

I love your color Jeep.How's the Auto tranny holding up?
The auto is doing very good (knock on wood) it's my first auto in a TJ/LJ. I really enjoy the smoothness off road.

LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #17
99TJNC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I like the way the Willys looks and I'm glad to hear that it rides well as I don't want to go from a decent ride to a horrible one. So the body lift doesn't create the shifting problems and such?
99TJNC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #18
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TJNC View Post
I like the way the Willys looks and I'm glad to hear that it rides well as I don't want to go from a decent ride to a horrible one. So the body lift doesn't create the shifting problems and such?
Not at all.Most BL kits come with everything needed for a perfect install for around $100.A 1.25" BL won't create any problems.BL's don't create driveline vibes or any other problems,unless you go above 2"s(steering/shifting) and then they suck.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #19
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
The auto is doing very good (knock on wood) it's my first auto in a TJ/LJ. I really enjoy the smoothness off road.
How many miles on it? I loved my 3 speed auto and both of my 4 speed autos and even thought they were good with big tires and the OD OFF.My highest mileage 4 speed auto had 56,000 and was great.I'm recovering from surgery and looking for another Jeep (#7).A local woman has an electric lime green Rubi and I'm trying to buy it from her.Where I live in a rich college town(University of Virginia),Jeeps sell for crazy prices.I got $10,000 for my 98' with 96,000 miles. It was perfect and pretty though.
Unread 10-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #20
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman

How many miles on it? I loved my 3 speed auto and both of my 4 speed autos and even thought they were good with big tires and the OD OFF.My highest mileage 4 speed auto had 56,000 and was great.I'm recovering from surgery and looking for another Jeep (#7).A local woman has an electric lime green Rubi and I'm trying to buy it from her.Where I live in a rich college town(University of Virginia),Jeeps sell for crazy prices.I got $10,000 for my 98' with 96,000 miles. It was perfect and pretty though.
That is a sweetie.
It has 137k, 2"BB and 32s. Od off on the uphills and it runs pretty good. I will probably regear when a diff goes.
Unread 10-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #21
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeb View Post
That is a sweetie.
It has 137k, 2"BB and 32s. Od off on the uphills and it runs pretty good. I will probably regear when a diff goes.
I'm jealous.Lime green LJ or Rubi is my next Jeep.My GF doesn't like green,so that's what I want.
Unread 10-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #22
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Good one. I am a bit color blind so I had to get a couple of opinions before I picked this one up.
Unread 10-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #23
mediumdaddy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
No problems at all with a BL.I put a 2.25" BB (spacer lift) and a 1" BL on my brother's Jeep with 33's.He drove it that way for a few years before I installed a 4" lift for his 35's.

Spacers and body lift on 33's.It rode very good.

x2. this is the same setup i'm running now. it'll be that way for a while to as i'm saving to do a long arm, 35's, alloy wheels, SYE/CV, and a d44 for the rear. works very well, no shifting issues, but its easy to adjust the linkage if you run into any.
Utah Jeepcrew #63
mediumdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #24
99TJNC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Will I need new sway bar links when I do this, or do I just need the spacers, bump stop extensions, shocks,and body lift?

Would it be good to go ahead and do a motor mount lift or is that not needed?
Unread 10-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #25
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Factory sway bar stuff on mine. I didn't need a motor mount lift. May do that when I put a body lift on. I had trouble with the 32x11.5 R15 tires I chose rubbing the rear spring perches due to the slight axle shift but the 5 Craiger Soft 8s I scored for $95 plus $40 to dismount and mount cured that.
Unread 10-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #26
99TJNC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking at ordering a spacer lift now. Do I need the alignment cam kit?

Tags
lift , spacer , tj , zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.