Spaced out over spacer lifts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Spaced out over spacer lifts

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 06-29-2003, 07:56 AM   #1
JeepDelaware
2009 JK Wrangler 

Spaced out over spacer lifts

The addition of 32" tires may require the addition of a 2" spacer lift thus causing this query: Which one?

My goal is to maintain or hopefully improve the stock ride quality.

I hear that if I go with a 2" spacer lift, the stock shocks on my 2000 Sahara may be too short, and will need to add longer shocks?

I hear the OME nitrocharger shocks are really good, but at ~$70 each plus the ~$120 cost of a Teraflex spacer kit causes me to wonder if it would be better to go with the OME suspension system that includes the spacers, shocks, new springs, transfer case lowering kit, and track bar relocation bracket for ~$650. What do you think, and are the last two items in that kit necessary?

This OME lift system is offered in three different versions: Light load, Medium load, and Heavy Load. I'm guessing that if I want to tow something, I will need the Heavy load version? What is your recommendation?

$650 is a lot of money for me right now, but I would be willing to wait and buy it later if it was worth it. Is there a less expensive way to get a quality spacer lift?

I see the Skyjacker 2" spacer lift kit with nitro shocks listed for ~$260. Is this a good deal, or would I be better off going with something else?

Let me know what you think,

Joel

JeepDelaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 09:55 AM   #2
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Get the Rubicon Express spacer lift. It comes with DT3000 shocks and cost about $200. The shocks are great.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 12:27 PM   #3
Jeepin_Al
DAJC.......Get stuck!!!!

check out *******.com. They were ALOT less then the prices you were quoting for the RE Budget Boost including the shocks.
Unread 06-29-2003, 07:05 PM   #4
macb

Quote:
Originally posted by igofshn
Get the Rubicon Express spacer lift. It comes with DT3000 shocks and cost about $200. The shocks are great.
ditto - one of the more complete BB kits available...check around on pricing...I usually end up calling Supplee since he include shipping which can make a bid difference in the final price.

[url=http://www.cafepress.com/H2RT]No Bling - H2 Recovery Gear[/url]

Bob Supplee:supplee@ionet.net or (405) 799-8977
Stu Olson's great jeep resource site: [url=http://www.stu-offroad.com]www.stu-offroad.com[/url]
macb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 09:17 PM   #5
JeepDelaware
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally posted by igofshn
Where are some places that I can find the Rubicon lift, and who is "Suplee?"

Joel
JeepDelaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2003, 09:35 PM   #6
macb

bob supplee out of OK...his number and email are in my sig line.

Good guy, know jeeps, generally has the best prices.

[url=http://www.cafepress.com/H2RT]No Bling - H2 Recovery Gear[/url]

Bob Supplee:supplee@ionet.net or (405) 799-8977
Stu Olson's great jeep resource site: [url=http://www.stu-offroad.com]www.stu-offroad.com[/url]
macb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2003, 02:12 AM   #7
redrock4x4

Quote:
Originally posted by JeepDelaware

Where are some places that I can find the Rubicon lift, and who is "Suplee?"

Joel
I sell RE through my business Red Rock 4x4 http://www.redrock4x4.com/re/tj.html and offer a discount to JeepForum members lower than what's posted on my site. I am not allowed to post my pricing here, please PM me or email me at jshields@redrock4x4.com if you'd like a quote.
redrock4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2003, 12:40 PM   #8
TotalJeep

If your only looking for 2" of lift and you want to improve your stock ride then your better off with the OME 2.5" kit. OME was designed to improve on the stock ride. I have a 3" tera-flex with DT3000's shocks and it rides just as good as stock but my setup for my jeep is geared a little more for off-road than on. If your looking to stay mostly on the road rather than off then go with OME, nicer ride. RE makes a great lift for off-road but many (and this includes people from my jeep club) say it's a little rough on the highway. As for spacers w/longer shocks it will get you the 2" you want and if your sticking to the highway your fine but I don't trust spacers for 4 wheelin, atleast nothing to challenging.
TotalJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2003, 12:55 PM   #9
redrock4x4

My RE kit drives better on road than my Tera did, many Tera owners claim the RE kit drives worse on road but very few have first hand experience with each kit.

The main determining factors for on road ride are suspension geometry, control arm bushings, and shocks. Coils have very very little to do with ride quality and I'm willing to bet if you drove a Jeep with Tera coils, OME coils, RE coils, even Skyjacker coils but had the same shocks the vehicle throughout the coil swaps you couldn't tell a noticable difference in ride quality. I just had a customer switch from the complete OME 2" kit with OME shocks to a 4.5" RE Super Flex with OME shocks and he told me he thought the 4.5" RE kit drove just as well if not better than the OME.

Spacers would work just as well off road as coils and I don't understand why you'd be concerned off road with spacers ? The shocks (assuming you're disconnected) will be your limiting factor for flex, so you would gain the same amount of flex and same level of off road performance with the RE spacer kit as if you swapped in the OME kit with new coils.

For a 2" kit I'd recommend the RE kit w/ spacers and shocks. OME makes a great product but for the same amount of money you could have a 3.5" RE w/ shocks which would perfom just as well on road and a lot better off road. If you are dead set on a maximum 2" lift and want to run heavy bumpers and a winch, that's when I'd recommend the OME kit.

Last edited by redrock4x4; 06-30-2003 at 12:58 PM..
redrock4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.