Space question for a TJ back seat - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Space question for a TJ back seat

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 12-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
missky

Space question for a TJ back seat

I have a question for you guys that have a TJ.

I unfortunately had to sell my '87 last year after breaking my leg, thus being unable to get in it to drive it for about a year. Finally, I am starting to look for another Wrangler.

I am a vendor year round for a couple jobs where I usually need to regularly take a few fold-up tables, several under-the-bed type totes and a tent that shrinks down to about 4.5 to 5 foot tall and 6 inches round (like this one, but slightly smaller http://www.dickblick.com/products/e-...ckw=52830-1010 ). I remember being able to play Tetris with and fit it into my '87 Wrangler, but usually wouldn't bring the tent along and I can't remember well how that fit in there. I always take a person with me, so I will need that passenger seat.

How large are the backseats in your TJs? Is the backseat easily taken out? I don't need a backseat in the Jeep at all if that means it could all fit. I have been looking for the 2006 Unlimited, but they are impossibly hard to find here in Nebraska. Honestly, I would still rather have the Jeep that I'm used to but if I have to have a longer Jeep, I will happily take an Unlimited.

Let me know of your thoughts! Thanks guys!

Kylee

missky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The TJ back seats are only held in by two brackets. I took mine out by myself in about 5 minutes. They also tumble forward if that does the job.
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
willatthe4077th
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The backseats in TJs are designed to be taken out quickly. The have a quick release handle, no tools, slips right out. I think I've only had my backseat in my jeep for a total of 3 weeks since I've owned it. It makes a great bench in my garage
willatthe4077th is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willatthe4077th View Post
The backseats in TJs are designed to be taken out quickly. The have a quick release handle, no tools, slips right out. I think I've only had my backseat in my jeep for a total of 3 weeks since I've owned it. It makes a great bench in my garage
Same here
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I thought I already answered this. Do you have 2 threads?

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #6
BigRodney
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Trailer?
BigRodney is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.