Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Sounds like I have a flat tire, but only when slowing down...

7K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Xander 
#1 ·
I put the RC 2.5" on my Rubicon a week ago and it sounds like i have a flat tire when I decelerate. I didn't net the full 2.5", could it be the t-case? I really don't want to put the pucks under there (4 are being used under my seat :)) because I would basically defeat the purpose of the lift. So, what do you think the noise could be?

#5 ·
Could be a number of things, a u-joint that has more stress on it after the lift, axle bearing, pinion bearing, just gonna have to get under there and check things out.

#6 ·
I'm betting on your rear drive shaft angle... you may need to drop the t-case. If you don't want to do that, installing a MML may help.

#12 ·
I wonder if it is tread seperation and the clunking my be your tire hitting your control arms. Cause when you lifted it your front axle may have shifted as did mine.

#13 ·
Check for loose lug nuts. I had some sound just like that, no noise on acceleration, clunking on decelleration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.