Someone Please Help ME! My Air Wont Work! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Someone Please Help ME! My Air Wont Work!

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 07-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
WranglerNooby
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Someone Please Help ME! My Air Wont Work!

I have a 1997 jeep wrangler 2.5L 4cyl. The air comes out of the defrost vent, the foot vents, and the top corner vents, but when i try to switch it to the middle "face" vents it wont come out. What trouble shooting steps should I take to either solve the problem or eliminate easy fixes? thanks

I took off the cover in front of the steering wheel and can see 3 actuators that seem to control the vents but there are 6 cables total and only 4 are being used by the 3 actuators. this leaves me to believe that there is a 4th one that i can not find. I have checked the Three i can see and they all have the cables on correctly and securely and move fine.

WranglerNooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #2
catmechanic
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Use the search function. This is only about a half page below your post.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/al...roster-527339/
catmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If you are getting the air out of the windshield vents regardless of the switch setting, you more than likely have a vacuum leak somewhere in the engine compartment.

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/c , problem , vents , wrangler tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.