some gauge cluster lights won't work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > some gauge cluster lights won't work

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

some gauge cluster lights won't work

When I got my Jeep I noticed that a couple (not all!) of the original bulbs weren't working, so I decided to do the LED swap. The same bulbs won't light up. I've searched the forum, but most of the problems appear to be the entire cluster not working. Could it just be contacts or the plugs into the cluster, or a fuse? I'm not very good with the electrical in the Jeep, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Survivalist Club Member #26
carsonvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
TXjeepTJ

check the contacts of the bulb holder, if they arnt flared up they might not be getting a good connection. if that doesnt work, you should probably just buy a used cluster, you can find them on ebay ranging from $40 +
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/my-v8-swap-blog-updates-365293/
TXjeepTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2009, 10:35 PM   #3
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Okay, I'll check that out. Right as you were posting I was thinking that I might change the holders around (don't know why I didn't think of it before) to see if they might be the problem. Still working on it. Thanks for your reply!
Survivalist Club Member #26
carsonvogt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.