Soft top window spots - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top window spots

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-04-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
RammerJammerJP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Soft top window spots

I picked up a used windjammer style top off CL for a steal because the back window has these spots on it. I also picked up some half door windows that were yellowed. I read around and found people recommend meguiars plast-x for cleaning windows. I used it with my polisher and it took the yellow out of the half doors but didn't do anything for the spots. I'm adding a pic of the spots. Anyone ever seen anything like this or have any idea how to remove it? The spots seem to be in the plastic, you can't feel them with your finger. Apologies for typos, posting from mobile.[IMG][/IMG]

RammerJammerJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
robncar
We Got The Cup, AGAIN!!!

2005 TJ Wrangler 

You could try "Raggtop Cleaner" or "303 Convertible Top Cleaner". I've had good results with the 303 product.
But, if you used a polisher with Meguiars Plast-X not sure of the result you'll get with those products. Try some vinegar on a small area.
robncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
LJ Dave
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My sports car has similar spots all over it when I bought it. They came from some type of a tree the PO had parked under. I tried every product I could think of to get the spots off the paint and nothing worked. A professional auto detailer was able to get the spots off the paint using a product called, "Glaze Distributing Co.- Tree Sap Remover". I had tried other brands with no effect. Unfortunately, the spots were stained into the clear bra, so I had to replace it. I only mention this because I think it is likely you will not be able to get those spots out of the plastic window if it's the same stuff I had on my car. The tree sap remover did not damage my clear bra and may be safe for a window, I can't say for sure, but it may be worth a try.
LJ Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #4
RammerJammerJP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'll give the tree sap remover a shot. The plast-x was good for getting the yellow and scratches out of the side windows, so I'm happy with that. I can live with the spots on the window since they're so small they don't really impede vision, just a cosmetic issue. Still hoping someone has some good experience with this.
RammerJammerJP is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.