soft top storage ideas? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > soft top storage ideas?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
grey
1997 TJ Wrangler 

soft top storage ideas?

I just purchased a storage bag for my Windows to my surprise my rear window does not fit in the bag and I don't want to fold it. I thought about a pvc pipe where I can roll it around it with a towel and then put this in the bag. Any ideas or how do you guys store the windows once they are off?

grey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I store mine between some towels in the garage.
Unread 02-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #3
athos76
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I made a storage bag out of a small tarp and some felt. It can hang on the wall. Just install some hooks on the wall for the corners of the tarp, set your windows inside layered with the felt, and hang the other corners on the hooks... Like a pouch
Unread 02-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Very similar here. First off, making sure windows are clean inside and out. I sandwich my windows between large towels, towel, window, towel, window, etc.

Then using the tailgate bar (still attached to rear window) as a "rolling pin", I roll the sandwich up into a tight roll, then cinch with straps/bungees.

Then I hang it from the ceiling joists in my garage/shop. It stays there for march-november.

I have a similar process for the rest of the top and frame.
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

cloverpatch!! Works great.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/91109_100_07.htm
Unread 02-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
Davemac85
2006 TJ Wrangler 

i hang mine rear window with 2 small vise grips over hooks on pegboard. just put a washcloth under the visegrip jaws as to not clamp to hard or dent the retaining points on the tub.
Davemac85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #7
grey
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all your comments some great ideas. Also how do you store them in the jeep I was hoping I could take this storage bag with me all the time in case of rain. Specially the rear window
grey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #8
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Plan on anything not bolted down will get stolen. You could try under the rear seat, or rolled up. Either way it takes a decent amount of space.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.