I was in Wal-Mart the other day waiting on the wife. I was looking at the fishing gear and spotted some 50# test Spider Wire. I thought to my self, what the hell would you use that for in Lake Erie. It occurred to me that my tuck rails for my door surrounds were in bad shape. I bought the line and got some big needles.
Here is what I had to start with...
I started by removing all the loose thread. I threaded the needle with the Spider Wire doubling it up and tying a big knot in the other end. I started about an inch and a half back into the good stiching so that it would not unravel any futher. I followed the original hole as best as I could.
I kept going along the holes untill and stiched into the good thread another inch and a half and went back to the beginning getting the other half of the stiching.
When I got back to qwhere I strted, I tied it off really good and moved to the next bad spot. When I was finished, this it what it looked like.
The total cost for the project was about $13 dollars plus beer
. It took me several hours but it was well worth it. One tip that I have is to use needle nose pliers to do the stiching, if you miss the holes in the plastice it makes it alot easier. I hope this helps others, as you can see it makes it pretty tight. Do not use monofiliment as it streches and gets brittle after being in the sun. Good luck.