Soft top knuckles - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top knuckles

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 05-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #1
lilman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Soft top knuckles

I want to see how other people have repaired broken soft top knuckles. I have seen the quick disconnect kind but was wondering how others have fabbed their own. I tried a search so don't beat me up.

lilman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2008, 11:56 PM   #2
happycamper
1986 XJ Cherokee 

what part broke the knuckle itself or the nutsert?
Gone but not forgot. 2000 Sahara 4.0, auto, 4"rock krawler x factor long arm, 33x12.50x15 M.T. Mtz, M.T. classic lock rims,30/44 limited slip, land runner safari rack, land runner front, and rear bumpers, warn 8000i winch, cobra cb, jks 1.25" bl, brown dog 1" mm lift.AA sye, J.E. Reel drive shaft, Aussie locker, Rock Crusher front cover
happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #3
lilman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have the shell to two of the knuckles but the screw is stripped out and they are sagging pretty bad. The previous owner ran wire through the hole and twisted it.
Unread 05-04-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
happycamper
1986 XJ Cherokee 

what i did to mine was drill a hole all the way threw them, where the old nut was , then slid some pins threw them (i don't no what there called) they look like a smooth bolt with holes drilled in them for a cotter pin, and it worked out fine. found a pic
Gone but not forgot. 2000 Sahara 4.0, auto, 4"rock krawler x factor long arm, 33x12.50x15 M.T. Mtz, M.T. classic lock rims,30/44 limited slip, land runner safari rack, land runner front, and rear bumpers, warn 8000i winch, cobra cb, jks 1.25" bl, brown dog 1" mm lift.AA sye, J.E. Reel drive shaft, Aussie locker, Rock Crusher front cover
Unread 05-04-2008, 11:34 AM   #5
lilman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The hole that is welded to the roll bar is bigger than the pin though. I never really thought that it would work unless you drilled a hole in the knuckle that was the same size as that little ear on the roll bar. Thanks. I will try that.
Unread 05-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #6
lilman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Happycamper, I appreciate this. I used the same pins that you did. i got mine from lowes and it works great. I appreciate it. I don't know why I am still playing with this Jeep cause I am about to get another one but I guess once you have one you just can't leave it alone.
Unread 05-04-2008, 11:10 PM   #7
happycamper
1986 XJ Cherokee 

glad it worked for you

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.