Soft Top Conditioner? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft Top Conditioner?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESave big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-12-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
mich99TJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Soft Top Conditioner?

My soft top seems to be more tight and brittle than it used to, and has little cracks appearing around the edges (both on the door surrounds and down on where the rear pillars meet the tub). I'm afraid one of these cracks is going to turn into a tear soon.

Outside of just buying a replacement top (out of budget at this point) is there anything I can do in the way of vinyl conditioner or some other method to delay these effects and get another few seasons out of it?

Thanks-

'14 Cherokee Trailhawk, 3.2 V6, 9 Speed, Granite / Moroccan Black Interior, 8.4 AN, Trailer Tow
mich99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2008, 06:40 AM   #2
victory red
2012 JK Wrangler 

best one/two punch for keeping the soft top pristine, is bestop cleaner and protectant.
you can get it at www.4wd.com/www.quadratec.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.