Soft Top for 2004 Jeep Unlimited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft Top for 2004 Jeep Unlimited

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear

Unread 03-06-2007, 12:00 PM   #1
tripod

Soft Top for 2004 Jeep Unlimited

Hi, there. I'm new to this Jeep thing and we are considering buying a 2004 Jeep Unlimited. The only problem is that it does not come with a soft top. I contacted Best Top and they do not make a soft top for it which includes all the necessary hardware. I could only find one through Chysler and they are quite expensive.

It made me wonder about availability of other parts/accessories for the Unlimiteds.

Could you please advise if finding parts and accessories is difficult for Unlimiteds? Is there someone ut there who offers an aftermarket soft top with the associated hardware at a reasonable price?

Thanks,
Barry

tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 12:03 PM   #2
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You do not want an aftermarket soft top, stick with OEM. It is very expensive but worth it. Your best bet is to buy it used on e-bay or a forum like this... you can find a deal if you are patient.

As for finding parts for the Unlimited, you won't have a problem... most parts work on the SWB Wrangler too. The top obviously doesn't mix and match with the SWB Wrangler.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
Ichabod1960
Have Jeep, Will Travel

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have an Unlimited and there is no shortage of parts available for it. I've PM'd you about the soft top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
There's a great lower division class called "Writing for Effective Communications so you don't go through the rest of your life confusing everyone who reads what you write 101" at Washington State University. I highly recommend it.
Ichabod1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 12:20 PM   #4
NOVATJ
1996 TJ Wrangler 

Have you considered just using a safari top and a duster.

1997 TJ SE - 2.25" Budget Boost, Hydros, 31" Sigma Stampedes
NOVATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #5
PhulesAu
2004 LJ Wrangler 

From the nose to the back of the doors, it is the same as a 97-05 TJ ( short) any good short arm KIt will work. LA's will have to be LJ specific.
PhulesAu is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.