So you want a Tummy Tuck... - Page 70 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So you want a Tummy Tuck...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #1036
jeepbro's
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chapel Hill NC
Posts: 2,699
'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
The stock tranny mount + such tall springs on a SWB TJ is the problem. Very high pinion and control arm angles.
How do you think it would be with stock tranny mount and 2-2.5" of lift if I were to get that flat skid. Right now according to measurements from my stock '02 sahara to my lifted '02 sahara, I'm sitting at 1.5" of suspension lift right now but may add 1" coil spacers or go to some better 2.5 springs eventually. You think I would need the Low profile mount or would I be alright with stock mount for a while with out any vibes or problems?
And to start I'm going to install adjustable uppers and lowers in the rear until I save up for the front. And I'm going to order the Teraflex extreme short shaft SYE

__________________
2002 tj sahara 3" lift 35" km2, AtoZ rockers 10k lb winch, 4.56 gears, lock-rites front and rear
My jeeps
jeepbro's is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #1037
rbkelley89
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: chico, CA
Posts: 606
youll be fine but if you dont do any clearancing you might get a slight vibe from the slightest contact
__________________
2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
rbkelley89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #1038
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,226
Having a more shallow pinion angle will always be beneficial. If you can fit the LoPro mount, you should use it.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #1039
jeepbro's
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Chapel Hill NC
Posts: 2,699
Anyone know the height of a stock skid from an '02 vs a skid advertised as ' 2" drop' or ' 3" drop'?
After adding up all the costs for a flat skid, super short SYE low pro mount, UCA's and all the other little odds and ends I realized it was more money than I'm able to do at this time so I'm hoping to get a skid that is at least smooth and flat on the bottom and just somewhat higher than stock without having to run the Low pro mount and without having to replace my transfer case shift bracket.
I'm thinking of getting the Barnes 2" drop or 3" drop depending on how much clearance each will gain?
( My jeep is 200 miles away at my parents house right now otherwise I would try to take some measurements myself but I can't for at least a week and I need to get my parts ordered soon to get it put back together soon.)
I ended up ordering a advance adapters regular SYE this morning since I found it for 139 shipped, and some adjustable rear uppers.
__________________
2002 tj sahara 3" lift 35" km2, AtoZ rockers 10k lb winch, 4.56 gears, lock-rites front and rear
My jeeps
jeepbro's is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #1040
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.
 
MisfitSeven's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bennington, Nebraska
Posts: 3,508
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's
Anyone know the height of a stock skid from an '02 vs a skid advertised as ' 2" drop' or ' 3" drop'?
After adding up all the costs for a flat skid, super short SYE low pro mount, UCA's and all the other little odds and ends I realized it was more money than I'm able to do at this time so I'm hoping to get a skid that is at least smooth and flat on the bottom and just somewhat higher than stock without having to run the Low pro mount and without having to replace my transfer case shift bracket.
I'm thinking of getting the Barnes 2" drop or 3" drop depending on how much clearance each will gain?
( My jeep is 200 miles away at my parents house right now otherwise I would try to take some measurements myself but I can't for at least a week and I need to get my parts ordered soon to get it put back together soon.)
I ended up ordering a advance adapters regular SYE this morning since I found it for 139 shipped, and some adjustable rear uppers.
Here is a trick I used for a while until I could afford everything. It's an extra expense, but might save you money while you save money.

Buy the skid you want to eventually run, flat or 1" drop. Then buy a Tcase drop, or hockey pucks. I ran 3 per bolt between my frame and skid.

Check out that anti squat!
image-4058585838.jpg   image-4146763611.jpg  
__________________
Mail crawling.
MisfitSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 11:27 PM   #1041
ctorres018
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ontario, California
Posts: 919
I'm working on my tummy tuck and will purchase a skid from friend pretty soon except he forgot the name of the skid. Here's a pic I was wondering if anyone could help identify it, didnt wanna start a thread just for this so I thought this would be the appropriate thread to do so. Thanks



ctorres018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 03:46 AM   #1042
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.
 
MisfitSeven's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bennington, Nebraska
Posts: 3,508
It looks homemade.
__________________
Mail crawling.
MisfitSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #1043
FarFire70
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: , MD
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres018 View Post
I'm working on my tummy tuck and will purchase a skid from friend pretty soon except he forgot the name of the skid. Here's a pic I was wondering if anyone could help identify it, didnt wanna start a thread just for this so I thought this would be the appropriate thread to do so. Thanks
33 Engineering. Pretty sure they're out of business now.
__________________
Villanova Wildcat!

2005 Wrangler Sport, 4.0L, 6spd
2" BB, JKS 1.25" BL & MML, M/T MTZ 33x12.50R15
HP D30: Aussie Locker, D44: Eaton Elocker
FarFire70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #1044
ctorres018
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ontario, California
Posts: 919
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarFire70 View Post
33 Engineering. Pretty sure they're out of business now.
Yeah he said the manufacture was out of buisness. I thought it was 33 engineering but I wasn't sure.
So you know it is?
ctorres018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #1045
Skandalous
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Milton, Ga
Posts: 1
edit: deleted stupid question

Last edited by Skandalous; 04-19-2013 at 10:27 AM..
Skandalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #1046
Ljcrawler05
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,255
Hey guys so I'm nearing my install of the collection of parts I have and was just wondering what values in the lengths of my upper control arms that I should expect. I have the savvy under armor paired with a 2" ome lift. I have metalcloak front and rear upper adjustables, but don't have the lowers, and will leave this stock until around christmas time. I've got a dvc shaft ready to go on as well, but was just hoping to see what sort of numbers you guys are getting? I've got an 05 lj rubicon btw. Thanks
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #1047
BadKarma1701
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 343
So glad you did this thread... thanks
__________________
HONOR, TRUTH, LOYALTY, JUSTICE. DEEDS, NOT WORDS.

"I came into this world kicking, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood and I'm damned sure going out the same way!"

Sienna Jeep Owners Member #56
BadKarma1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #1048
Altonymous
Ol' Beard
 
Altonymous's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 301
I've read the first page and a few other pages trying to find the information I'm looking for.. certainly haven't read every page.

I've an '06 LJ Rubicon and I'm trying to decide between the Savvy Modular and UCF Deep-Cover System.

Edit: I found my answer here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/un...ystem-1250842/ sorry to bother
Altonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 08:02 PM   #1049
Ljcrawler05
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altonymous View Post
I've read the first page and a few other pages trying to find the information I'm looking for.. certainly haven't read every page.

I've an '06 LJ Rubicon and I'm trying to decide between the Savvy Modular and UCF Deep-Cover System.

Edit: I found my answer here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/un...ystem-1250842/ sorry to bother
Which one you gonna do?
Ljcrawler05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #1050
Altonymous
Ol' Beard
 
Altonymous's Avatar
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05
Which one you gonna do?
Savvy
Altonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.