So you want a Tummy Tuck... - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So you want a Tummy Tuck...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #91
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
my friend has the same exact setup, but needed a CV shaft. just goes to show every jeep is different.
Perfect example... people need to realize there is no real answer for some questions like this other than "every Jeep is different."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #92
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I want that badly.
AEV has a Michigan warehouse, I pick all my orders up from there after I place the order threw northridge4x4 (great prices)
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 02:11 AM   #93
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Another UCF update.

Production Process Change Announcement | Under Cover Fabworks, LLC

The owner is obviously trying to clear up the issues he was having with the arc welding and is going to start mig welding them himself. I am awaiting pics that will be posted of the skid as well as the new welds, they will be posted.

Quote:
Unread 01-09-2010, 07:25 AM   #94
MRJenkins
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
This thread should not confuse LJ owners as I clearly stated this is for TJ's. This is the TJ Technical forum after all. I love LJ's Im just not as well versed on them to do a thread on them.
Argh! I've been orphaned!

There is no "LJ Technical Forum" because, technically, there is no "LJ." The Jeep Wrangler "TJ" comes in a Short WheelBase and a Long WheelBase. The "LJ" label is just shorthand for Long WheelBase TJ. Those of us with Long WheelBase TJ's come to this forum just like all of the Short WheelBase people. Just about everything that applies to the SWB TJ applies to the LWB TJ, except where the extra length matters...

Someone without an LJ or else a significant amount of mechanical experience with 4WD drivelines would probably have difficulty writing expertly about lifts, tummy tucks, and the driveline modifications required may vary due to the increased length behind the transmission/transfer case, however. Perhaps someone with this experience can help, and then the information can be incorporated into the main section (if it hasn't already been done)?
MRJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #95
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJenkins View Post
Argh! I've been orphaned!
Someone without an LJ or else a significant amount of mechanical experience with 4WD drivelines would probably have difficulty writing expertly about lifts, tummy tucks, and the driveline modifications required may vary due to the increased length behind the transmission/transfer case, however. Perhaps someone with this experience can help, and then the information can be incorporated into the main section (if it hasn't already been done)?
see Post #77
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #96
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

OP,

Thank's for compiling all of this valuable information. Top notch work there.

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #97
jeepgunner12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Fantastic work, Defiantly a sticky
GREEN JEEP CLUB #385

PM me if you have an old hilift and/or a 31x10.5 R15 youd like to trade or sell, im in the market for a jack and a trailspare. Cheers!
jeepgunner12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 12:46 AM   #98
HilltopperYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Jesus Mary and Joseph thats alot more work and money that i thought it would be.

Tummy tuck just went from my longterm mod list to my really really longterm and possible never mod list.

A-E-K-Δ-B

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
HilltopperYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #99
SlackJawedYokel
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, great thread. Where was it in July when I bought my TT. Went with the Kilby TT and engine skid combo, and it did not bolt right in without mods. Needed a bl and mml, and still had to drop it an inch to get rid of the vibes, but I'm happy with how it's been working. As Unlimited04 mentioned, every Jeep is different, it might bolt right in for someone else. It came bare steel, so I had my bosses brother who owns a body shop prime it and slap a couple of coats flat black paint on it. I was going to go with the Clayton, but no drain hole to change the oil. Had I known I would have needed the bl and mml with the Kilby, I would have bought the Rockmen, my $0.02.
Any idea whether Savvy is incorporating and engine/oil pan skid into their TT?
Unread 01-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #100
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJawedYokel View Post
Wow, great thread. Where was it in July when I bought my TT. Went with the Kilby TT and engine skid combo, and it did not bolt right in without mods. Needed a bl and mml, and still had to drop it an inch to get rid of the vibes, but I'm happy with how it's been working. As Unlimited04 mentioned, every Jeep is different, it might bolt right in for someone else. It came bare steel, so I had my bosses brother who owns a body shop prime it and slap a couple of coats flat black paint on it. I was going to go with the Clayton, but no drain hole to change the oil. Had I known I would have needed the bl and mml with the Kilby, I would have bought the Rockmen, my $0.02.
The reason you had to drop it 1" is because you havent done it right. SYE and DC DS, as well as rear upper adjustable arms. You will then be able to raise it back up.

Or if your happy where you are, but still hate the BL remove it, you will be able to clear it since you have it dropped 1".

Personally I would do it right and get rid of the spacers. Get a SYE and DC DS and rear uppers.

Quote:
Unread 01-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #101
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackJawedYokel View Post
Yes. I think actually that might be part of the whole setup? I think that the Savvy skid will be one of the ultimate TT's you can do. It will most likely be one of the best. Blaine is having his own BL made to suite for this TT. It's something around 1.25" BL. It's really going to be killer.
Unread 01-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #102
SlackJawedYokel
2004 TJ Wrangler 

"The reason you had to drop it 1" is because you havent done it right. SYE and DC DS, as well as rear upper adjustable arms. You will then be able to raise it back up"

I apparently can't quote messages in replies right either
Yea, I'm aware of that now, no biggie, sye and such was going to get done eventually. The bl doesn't bother me a bit, but the 1" tcase drop not only looks like poo, it kinda defeats the purpose. Still beats the stock shovel though.
Unread 01-10-2010, 11:39 PM   #103
Motorep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone know if a 1" BL will be enough to clear the Savvy TT? I had another TT ready to go buy have since changed my build plans. That happens allot!
Unread 01-10-2010, 11:41 PM   #104
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
Anyone know if a 1" BL will be enough to clear the Savvy TT? I had another TT ready to go buy have since changed my build plans. That happens allot!
That is unknown yet since the TT has no real info out yet. The only thing that has been confirmed (by Gerald) is that it will provide 4"+ on '03-'06 TJs, and it will include th needed BL
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #105
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
That is unknown yet since the TT has no real info out yet. The only thing that has been confirmed (by Gerald) is that it will provide 4"+ on '03-'06 TJs, and it will include th needed BL
I would say to not put on a body lift if you haven't already because they will ship a BL with the TT. I talked to Gerald and the BL is supposed to be around 1.25". Blaine is having them made to his specifications.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.